Helluva Halloween Challenge 2009

De heksen van hiernaast (The witches next door)
Written by : JR Black
Release date: 2000
Pages : 124

Jennifer's parents have roped her into helping out the two elderly spinsterswho live next door. But the fragile old ladies turn out to be powerful witches,and they want to turn Jennifer into one of their own!

The story was so much fun to read. The story is about a girl called Jennifer, who has to do some chores in the neighbourhood. She has to do them from her mom. So she decides to help two old ladies who lives next door. But she soon founds out that they are not just two old ladies, nope, they have magical powers! And now they want Jennifer to become a witch too. Oh my.. As I said so much fun to read. The characters do not have a lot of depth, but you get to know Jennifer a little bit better in the end. I liked the way the story changed in the middle, from Jennifer being scared to excited. The story was a easy read and I read it in one day.

Today I bought two more books for the challenge.
- The House of Evil 2
- The House of Evil 3

Au Revoir, Nina

Misty  – (28 september 2009 om 10:46)  

I've never read anything by JR BLack, but it sounds like something that would have been right up my alley as a kid. And more RL Stine to come! Yay! I loved him as a kid. I still have a lot of my Goosebumps books, and some of my Fear Streets.
You should look into Christopher Pike. Have you ever heard of him? I read him at the same time as Stine, but I think he's such a better writer.

titania86  – (28 september 2009 om 10:54)  

I used to LOVE R.L. Stine. As a kid, it really started my obsession with horror. I haven't read many books by him recently because most of them are out of print now.

I agree with Misty that Christopher Pike is a better writer than R.L. Stine. His stories and characters tend to be more complex.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (28 september 2009 om 12:48)  

Cool challenge! I read quite a bit of R.L. Stine growing up. But I guess I didn't get to House of Evil. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the books and the challenge. :)

Jenny N.  – (28 september 2009 om 15:08)  

I loved R.L. Stine when I was younger. I remembered that I read the Goosebumps series and watched the TV show too.

Diana Paz  – (28 september 2009 om 21:40)  

I read some R.L. Stine and Goosebumps too but I would get so scared! I finally gave up and went to romance :) :)

Miss Eliza  – (29 september 2009 om 00:27)  

Come stop by my blog, I have an award for you! http://strange-and-random-happenstance.blogspot.com/

Nina  – (29 september 2009 om 10:09)  

Well, thank you miss Eliza. :)

brizmus  – (30 september 2009 om 03:50)  

A Halloween challenge? That sounds awesome! Definitely have to look into that!
And RL stine is awesome! I can't even count the number of books that I have read and loved by him!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP