In My Mailbox

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, recieved or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.

The books that I bought are:
- Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
- Wings by Aprilyne Pike


I'm so happy that I found Ink Exchange at the American Bookstore! Ever since I read the first book of Melisssa Marr serie, I just fell in love with faeries and I so desperatley wanted to read more! :)

Description Ink Exchange:
After suffering a terrible trauma at the hands of her brother's dealer friends, Leslie becomes obsessed with the idea of getting a tattoo -- it's the one thing that will allow her to reclaim her body, renew her self-confidence. And when Rabbit, her local tattoo artist, shows her a secret book of his own designs, she finds one of them irresistible. Soon, her back is adorned with a pair of mysterious eyes, framed by black wings. Leslie feels good -- more than good. Nothing bad can touch her. But what she doesn't know is that her new tattoo binds her tightly to the faery whose symbol she chose: Irial, the exquisitely dangerous king of the Dark Court!

I read some great and some not so great reviews over this book. I have to admit that I just really wanted to buy this because of the lovley cover!

Description Wings:
Fifteen-year-old Laurel has led a sheltered, homeschooled life in a very small town, so when her parents decide to move and enroll her in high school, she has trouble getting used to her new life. A life, as it turns out, that’s not at all like those of other kids. One clear sign is a winglike blossom that blooms on her back. Oh, and her new best friend, the scientifically minded David, reveals under a microscope that her cells are more plant than animal. But it takes an encounter at her old home with the handsome but decidedly different Tamani to convince her that she is a faerie. She also learns it’s up to her to save her land from the evil influences that are trying to take it away from her and her family.

The books that I borrowed from the library is:
- Meisje met negen pruiken by Sophie van der Stap (DUTCH book)

Dit boek wilde ik al een tijdje terug lenen bij de bieb, maar helaas hadden ze het telkens niet.
Het lijkt mij een heel mooi en moeilijk boek om te lezen, alles wat ze meemaakt en hoe ze het beschrijft geven volgensmij een duidelijk beeld over een patient met deze ziekte.

Beschrijving Meisje met negen pruiken:
Sophie van der Stap, het meisje met de negen pruiken, heeft haar leven tijdens deze 54 weken bijgehouden in een dagboek. Openhartig én met humor schrijft ze over doktersintriges en geroddel van zusters, kaal worden en wenkbrauwen stiften, daten en verliefd zijn op dokter K., pruiken shoppen en dansen in nachtclubs, maar ook over de gewenning, haar onzekerheden, haar angst en de dood. Ze beleeft niet alleen avonturen binnen de muren van het ziekenhuis, maar schrijft ook ronduit over haar liefdesverdriet, seksuele fantasieën en haar entree in de schrijverswereld.Sophies negen pruiken geven haar elk een ander gevoel, een andere persoonlijkheid, en hebben daarom elk een eigen naam gekregen. Sophie is ze allemaal: Stella, Sue, Daisy, Blondie, Platina, Oema, Pam, Lydia en Bebé.

It's a book about a young girl who finds out that she has cancer.
It's sort of a diary about how she deals with it on her own way by wearing nine different wigs.
These wigs changes her life, one day she is Blondie or Pam. By wearing these wigs, she feels different. This story really happend to the writer!!

Au Revoir,
Nina

Lauren  – (6 september 2009 om 04:46)  

I really liked Ink Exchange and Wings, I hope you enjoy them too. :)

Rebecca  – (6 september 2009 om 14:26)  

Great books you got this week. I've been meaning to read Ink Exchange. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Book Chick City  – (8 september 2009 om 04:29)  

Really want to read Ink Exchange and Wings. Great covers too. Enjoy your books!

anndrreaaa  – (11 september 2009 om 00:26)  

I've got 'Wings' sitting on my nightstand right now--I got it from the library. I'm going to read it soon, but I decided to read 'The Devouring' first.

Make sure to let us know what you think of it! I've heard both good reviews & so-so reviews so I'm interested to see how I'll like it.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP