LOOK on HISTORY Monday

Every Monday i'm going to review a book that has a lot to do with history.
The book of today is written by Vergillius, Vergil in the Ancient times of Rome.
The story is about the hero Aeneas, a son of a mortal and the godess Venus. He succeeds to escape the burning of Troje and goes to Italy. The Godess Juno brings him to North-Africa, in the hands of queen Dido. They fall in love, but Aeneas is forced to leave her to start a new city of his own (Rome). The story tells you about the heartbreak, the adventures and the fights to start Rome.

Last year, I had to read this book for school and I really loved it. The lovestory between Aeneas and Dido is just so heartbreaking. I don't want to give the story away, but really I almost cried.
I have to say, that it was difficult to read sometimes, cause i just did not get all of the words.
I truly recommend this book, because it's a masterpiece of civilization.

Au Revoir,

Nina

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP