Waiting on Wednesday ( 3 )

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

Title: Queen Victoria, Demon Hunter
Author: A.E. Moorat
Out on: 5th of January 2010


There were many staff at Kensington Palace, fulfilling many roles; a man who was employed to catch rats, another whose job it was to sweep the chimneys. That there was someone expected to hunt Demons did not shock the new Queen; that it was to be her was something of a surprise.

London, 1838. Queen Victoria is crowned; she receives the orb, the sceptre, and an arsenal of blood-stained weaponry. Because if Britain is about to become the greatest power of the age, there's the small matter of the demons to take care of first...But rather than dreaming of demon hunting, it is Prince Albert who occupies her thoughts.

Can she dedicate her life to saving her country when her heart belongs elsewhere?
This sounds like a fun read! And look at the cover! Wow.

Rachel  – (30 september 2009 om 08:04)  

Oh my gosh, Nina! LOOVE it! Thanks for posting!

Sherrie  – (30 september 2009 om 08:21)  

Hi!
Sounds like my kind of book! I'll have to put that one on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my place, Just Books. Have a great day!

Sherrie

Lula O  – (30 september 2009 om 08:38)  

Ah man, totally awesome! I'm totally getting this one.

vvb32 reads  – (30 september 2009 om 09:31)  

me too! i'm definitely getting this one ;-D

Jenny N.  – (30 september 2009 om 10:06)  

Look at the cover who knew Queen Victoria and demon hunting could go together.

titania86  – (30 september 2009 om 10:09)  

Wow! I haven't heard of this one. It looks pretty awesome though.

Lauren  – (30 september 2009 om 11:28)  

This is a new one on me, and it sounds *fun*. Go Queen Vic!

Kelsey  – (30 september 2009 om 13:24)  

Wow this looks interesting. I love historical fiction. Great pick!

Gigi  – (30 september 2009 om 15:59)  

Hey, thanks for looking at my John Keats pics at Hampstead! This Queen Victoria book looks hilarious. What's with all of these prim figures going paranormal: Zombies and Pride and Prejudice and now this. Ha ha! It's like if a bunch of guys got together to rewrite the story of Queen Victoria or Elizabeth Bennet. Love it!

La Coccinelle  – (30 september 2009 om 17:50)  

And I have an award for you! You can pick it up here.

Petty Witter  – (1 oktober 2009 om 01:47)  

Hi, just visiting from La Coccinelle's site where I too received an award. I always think these are so nice as you get to meet bloggers you may not otherwise have heard of.

PolishOutlander  – (1 oktober 2009 om 06:21)  

Oh my! everyone's a demon/vampire hunter/slayer these days! What a gruesome and great cover though!

Nina  – (2 oktober 2009 om 05:22)  

Thank you so much for the award!

And Petty Witter thank you for stoping by! :)

wdebo  – (2 oktober 2009 om 18:51)  

Oh wow that sounds intense and awesome :) lol, who knew that Queen Victoria could be interesting? But with zombies I guess anything is possible huh ;)

What We're Reading!  – (2 oktober 2009 om 19:40)  

Ha! This looks awesome! I would totally be waiting for this book too!

Mandy at Edge of Seventeen

Rhiannon Hart  – (3 oktober 2009 om 13:01)  

Ahaha, I hadn't seen the cover for this one yet. How funny!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP