Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Wings
Written by : Aprilynne Pike
Release date : May 2009
Pages : 294

Fifteen-year-old Laurel has led a sheltered, home schooled life in a very small town, so when her parents decide to move and enrol her in high school, she has trouble getting used to her new life. A life, as it turns out, that’s not at all like those of other kids. One clear sign is a wing like blossom that blooms on her back. Oh, and her new best friend, the scientifically minded David, reveals under a microscope that her cells are more plant than animal. But it takes an encounter at her old home with the handsome but decidedly different Tamani to convince her that she is a faerie. She also learns it’s up to her to save her land from the evil influences that are trying to take it away from her and her family. This first novel is clearly designed to attract the Twilight set, though there’s significantly less edge (and blood). There is, however, a familiar triangle.
Description by Amazon.

I love the whole theme of fairy these days and this book really was one of my favourites this year.

The plot is really fun and different than I ever read before. I mean a girl that wakes up one day and founds out that she is fairy...
The characters are well written, but unfortunally there is no real depth.

The best thing about the book was of course the love triangle. Witch boy is she going to choose? '
Like i'm going to tell you this, you just have to read and found out by yourself.
I heard that there is going to be a movie and also three more books ..so exited. So if you want to read a easy, exciting and beautiful story. you really need to buy this one!

Cover: Look at the book, isn't is just perfect.

Au Revoir,
Nina

Kelsey  – (12 september 2009 om 12:29)  

I loved this book! Glad you liked it(:

Faye  – (12 september 2009 om 15:48)  

I love the cover and fairy books. I have this book in my reading pile. Great review!

Minni-Mo  – (12 september 2009 om 16:08)  

This one looks really good! I'm excited =)

Lauren  – (13 september 2009 om 03:37)  

I really agree with you. It's a fun and engaging story, but not the deepest I have read. Nice review!

Blodeuedd  – (13 september 2009 om 04:17)  

I am curious about this one, it does sound good

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP