An Early IMB (6)

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, recieved or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.
I know I'm a little bit early, but I don't know if I have the time to put this online saturday/sunday.

The books that I received are:
- The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
- Devil in a Kilt by Sue-Ellen Welfonder
- A Highlander’s Temptation by Sue-Ellen Welfonder


I won this at http://sunshine-gardeninmypocket.blogspot.com/.
Thank you Rachel for hosting the contest and of course a big thank you to Michelle Moran for sending me the book.


Description The Heretic Queen:
Nefertari, niece of the famed heretic queen Nefertiti, becomes part of the court of Pharaoh Seti I after her family is deposed, and she befriends Ramesses II, the young crown prince. When Ramesses is made co-monarch, he weds Iset, the granddaughter of a harem girl backed by Seti's conniving sister, Henuttawy, the priestess of Isis.
As Nefertari's position in the court becomes tenuous, she realizes that she, too, wants to marry Ramesses and enlists the help of Seti's other sister, Woserit.
But when Nefertari succeeds in wedding Ramesses, power struggles and court intrigues threaten her security, and it is questionable whether the Egyptian people will accept a heretic descendant as their ruler or if civil war will erupt.



I won this at http://nosuchthingas2manybooks.blogspot.com/. Thank you Blanche for hosting this wonderful contest! And a big thank you to Sue-Ellen for sending me TWO books! I can’t wait to start reading the books you have send, and also thank you for signing them!

Description A Highlander’s Temptation:
Darroc MacConacher spends sleepless nights dreaming of a raven-haired beauty who makes him ache with desire. Then his dream comes true: the lady with her lush curves and fair skin appears shipwrecked on his shores. Darroc is immediately drawn to her strength and beauty, and from the moment she lays eyes on this powerful, broad-shouldered warrior, Lady Arabella MacKenzie knows she'll never want another man.
But theirs is a forbidden love.

The MacKenzies drove the MacConachers from their lands and destroyed their honor. Now, Darroc can use this sapphire-eyed seductress to shatter his foes. Yet how can he deny the passion that burns between him and Arabella, and ruin the one woman who touches his very soul?

Description Devil in a Kilt:
Duncan MacKenzie, a 14th century knight, is forced to marry to ease tensions between his clan and the MacDonnells. He chooses Linnet MacDonnell, a plain-looking girl, who is also a renowned seer. Duncan believes she can explain the truth behind his tormented past. In Duncan, Linnet sees the spitting image of the dark knight of her most frightening girlhood visions ... a man who will make her long for the pure, fierce love that she has always resisted and -- even with her seer's gift -- never knew she craved.

The book that I bought is:
- Voor de troon wordt men niet ongestraft geboren by Dorine Hermans en Daniela Hooghiemstra

PolishOutlander  – (29 oktober 2009 om 12:11)  

I loved Heretic Queen. I just finished it about two weeks ago and loved it. I always loved ancient Egypt. Now I'm waiting to get Cleopatra's Daughter from the library.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity  – (29 oktober 2009 om 12:21)  

I really want to read Heretic Queen. I recently won Cleopatra's Daughter but haven't gotten around to that one either, LOL

Addicted Book Reader  – (29 oktober 2009 om 13:55)  

I really want to read Heretic Queen after just finishing her most recent book Cleopatra's Daughter. Enjoy your books, and I gave you an award at my blog!
http://anaddictedbookreader.blogspot.com/2009/10/superior-scribbler-award.html

Blodeuedd  – (30 oktober 2009 om 01:04)  

Ohhh good ones :D
happy reading

A Buckeye Girl Reads  – (30 oktober 2009 om 05:50)  

All of these look like great reads!!

bermudaonion  – (30 oktober 2009 om 08:11)  

You had a great book week! Everyone loves Michelle Moran's work - I hope you do too.

(: Isa :)  – (30 oktober 2009 om 19:05)  

So many books! :) Thanks for commenting on my post. I really appreciate it! <3 :)

Misty  – (1 november 2009 om 07:14)  

I LOVE the new blog look!

WilowRaven  – (1 november 2009 om 08:37)  

I really want to read The Heretic Queen :)
Happy Reading!

Emily  – (1 november 2009 om 09:15)  

I have such a soft spot for historical romances and I've heard such good things about A Highlander's Temptation! I'll be interested to read what you think of it. Enjoy!

Grain de Beaute  – (1 november 2009 om 10:21)  

Those men are drool-worthy. ♥ I haven't read Historical Romance in a while but A Highlanders Temptation and Devil in a Kilt all looked wonderful. Definitely adding these books to my TBR lest. Let me know what you think of these books Nina. Have fun reading! :)

Book Monster  – (1 november 2009 om 12:52)  

Those looks like interesting books :)

Justine  – (1 november 2009 om 13:45)  

Ooooh, these look really good. Have fun reading them ;)

Esme  – (1 november 2009 om 14:15)  

I have the Heretic's Daughter and cannot wait to read it.

Aimee  – (1 november 2009 om 14:57)  

wow you dd well!

i did an IMM post this week too...come check it out at my blog if you're interested!

-Aimee :)
www.myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

Tena  – (1 november 2009 om 18:06)  

wow, amazing week for you when it came to books!!

Happy Reading

P.S. Here is mine if you want to take a peek

http://5150bookslut.blogspot.com/2009/11/in-my-mailbox-110109.html

Rebecca  – (1 november 2009 om 21:37)  

Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

YA Vampire Books  – (2 november 2009 om 03:29)  

You're from the Netherlands? Cool! I'm from Sweden, so go Europe! ;) haha

....Petty Witter  – (2 november 2009 om 04:49)  

I read and reviewed The Heretic Queen a while ago - not a favourite of mine I must confess. The Devil In A Kilt sounds wonderful though.

vvb32 reads  – (8 november 2009 om 09:34)  

ooo, fun romances in your pile. i have devil in a kilt too! love the scotland settings. -vvb

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP