In My Mailbox ( 3 )

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, recieved or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.


The books that I bought are:
- None! I have bought nothing this week. Well no books.
The books that I borrowed from the library are:
- Northanger Abbey from Jane Austen


I have read this book two years ago and I absolutley loved Catherine and her wild imagination. My library has not got the English one, so I borrowed the dutch one. You can espect the review Monday!

Description Northanger Abbey:
The story’s unlikely heroine is Catherine Morland, a remarkably innocent seventeen-year-old woman from a country parsonage. While spending a few weeks in Bath with a family friend, Catherine meets and falls in love with Henry Tilney, who invites her to visit his family estate, Northanger Abbey. Once there, Catherine, a great reader of Gothic thrillers, lets the shadowy atmosphere of the old mansion fill her mind with terrible suspicions. What is the mystery surrounding the death of Henry’s mother? Is the family concealing a terrible secret within the elegant rooms of the Abbey? Can she trust Henry, or is he part of an evil conspiracy? Catherine finds dreadful portents in the most prosaic events, until Henry persuades her to see the peril in confusing life with art.

I hope you all have a great week with lots and lots of great books to read!
And I´m looking forward to your reviews.

Au Revoir,
Nina

ReggieWrites  – (4 oktober 2009 om 05:52)  

Awesome! It looks interesting! Really interesting! Sounds suspenseful!

Sherrie  – (4 oktober 2009 om 07:00)  

Hi Nina,
This book is on my TBR list. I am also doing In My Mailbox. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/in-my-mailbox.html

Cate  – (4 oktober 2009 om 07:22)  

Ooh- I'm right in the middle of Pride and Prejudice! Can't wait to read your review on this...you'll probably help determine which Austen novel I read next. :)

Blodeuedd  – (4 oktober 2009 om 07:54)  

I always felt like her, it's the wild imagination thing :)

Becky  – (4 oktober 2009 om 09:22)  

This is the one novel by Jane Austen that I have yet to read. Enjoy.

Michelle  – (4 oktober 2009 om 10:20)  

I have yet to read anything by Jane Austen. I purchased all of her novels a while back too and still...nothing. I really want to hear what you think about this one. =)

Marie Burton  – (4 oktober 2009 om 10:45)  

I'll be back for your review =)
I hope to read more of Austen, I have just read P & P and some of those sequels.

Ms. Lucy  – (4 oktober 2009 om 10:46)  

Hi:) You have a wonderful blog! Thanks for visiting me..unfortunately the giveaway is only Canada- US, and I forgot to mention that..I'll go fix it on my post. So Sorry:(
Please drop by again though and I'll visit you too- Lucy

Jenny N.  – (4 oktober 2009 om 11:58)  

I read this book last year and I'm looking forward to your review of it.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (4 oktober 2009 om 12:36)  

Great pick! I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read all of Jane Austen's books. I recently received a very antique copy of JA's complete works from someone at work. So, I want to, just haven't.

Enjoy!

Rebecca  – (4 oktober 2009 om 14:48)  

Interesting book. It looks quite interesting. I hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP