In my Mailbox

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, recieved or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.

The book that I bought is:
- Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne


After reading many moonlight reviews, I thought why not not give it a try.

Description Moonlight:
I see him and know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.
kayla is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying—and thrilling—gene that will change her life forever.
lucas is dangerous, gorgeous . . . and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way. As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.

The books that I borrowed from the library are:
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Julia's schaduw by Ines van Bokhoven (DUTCH book)



For my Fall into Reading challenge I put this one on the list to reread.
Why? Well, because it is one of my favourites! And the time is so right to read all Jane Austen books. I borrowed it tuesday, so you can expect a review tommorow!

Description Emma:
The most perfect of Jane Austen’s perfect novels begins with twenty-one-year-old Emma Woodhouse comfortably dominating the social order in the village of Highbury, convinced that she has both the understanding and the right to manage other people’s lives—for their own good, of course. Her well-meant interfering centers on the aloof Jane Fairfax, the dangerously attractive Frank Churchill, the foolish if appealing Harriet Smith, and the ambitious young vicar Mr. Elton—and ends with her complacency shattered, her mind awakened to some of life’s more intractable dilemmas, and her happiness assured.


I was looking online to the new books that came to my library last week and saw this one.
It is a historical novel and
I do adore those ones. Last Friday I went to the library and borrowed the book immediately!

Description Julia's schaduw (DUTCH book):
Londen, 1888. Te midden van het vuil en de armoede in Whitechapel, de overbevolkte achterbuurt in Londens East End, probeert Julia te overleven. Het is een hard leven: prostitutie is voor vrouwen in Whitechapel bijna de enige manier om geld te verdienen. Voor Julia is dat, na een verleden vol misbruik, uitgesloten; zij moet op een andere manier aan inkomsten zien te komen. En dan is er nog Jack the Ripper, een ongrijpbare seriemoordenaar die keer op keer in het holst van de nacht toeslaat en de hele stad in een greep van angst houdt.Ook Julia is bang. Als ze voetstappen en stemmen begint te horen, doet ze dat aanvankelijk af als een teken van vermoeidheid en ondervoeding. Maar al snel wordt het erger: ze merkt dat ze herinneringen kwijtraakt, ze doet dingen zonder het zelf te weten en vindt zichzelf terug in vreemde situaties. Er is iets vreselijk mis, beseft ze. Als ze wil overleven, heeft ze antwoorden nodig op heel oude vragen. De enige persoon die de antwoorden heeft, is de vrouw die haar als kind aan een bordeel verkocht, de vrouw die Julia nooit meer hoopte te zien. En ondertussen blijft Jack maar slachtoffers maken.

It's a book about a girl who lives in London, 1888. The year when Jack the Ripper is murdering people in town. She's getting flashbacks of the life she used to have and getting more and more dangerously close to Jack. I found out that they have it at my library, I think I'm going to borrow it asap.

What did you get in your mail? Don't forget tonight Emma on BBC 1!

Au revoir, Nina

Kelsey  – (11 oktober 2009 om 07:41)  

Oh great books! I really want to read Moonlight!

Tynga  – (11 oktober 2009 om 09:09)  

I've had my eyes on Rachel Hawthorne's series for a while, I'll have to check out your review see if it's good ^^

So Many Books, So Little Time  – (11 oktober 2009 om 09:43)  

I really enjoyed Moonlight, i just need to catch up on the rest of the series... Enjoy your books!

Becky  – (11 oktober 2009 om 11:20)  

I think Moonlight sounds great. I haven't heard of it before. You can never have enough Jane Austen roll on 9pm.

Amy  – (11 oktober 2009 om 11:28)  

MOONLIGHT looks pretty good May hve to check it out :-D
-AMY

Melissa (My World)  – (11 oktober 2009 om 19:38)  

These do look very good! I am curious to see what you think of them. Look forward to your reviews.

I also wanted to let you know I have an award for you. http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

Blodeuedd  – (12 oktober 2009 om 02:29)  

Nice week :D
I am so going to go and order some books today. I am in love with Maria Snyder

Petty Witter  – (12 oktober 2009 om 04:29)  

Some interesting choices - Moonlight sounds like a good read but I'll give Emma a miss. I'll also be interested to hear about Julia's Schaduw as I have read quite a lot of books based on Jack The Ripper and wonder if this one will have anything new to add to the story.

austenfan  – (12 oktober 2009 om 04:39)  

Moonlight sounds good! I'm really intrigued by the description! And Emma is a fun read! Happy reading! :)

Petty Witter  – (12 oktober 2009 om 09:03)  

Me again. Just been over at Melissa's @ My World and wanted to say well done on your award.

Teddyree  – (12 oktober 2009 om 21:37)  

Moonlight sounds great, and I liked Emma too!

Shauna  – (14 oktober 2009 om 02:19)  

Hi Nina, I saw you on my writer/blogger friends page and now just saw you are also doing IMM so I wanted to say hello. I read Moonlight and it is my favorite of the series so far. The third one is waiting to be read, but sitting patiently on my bookshelf. =] Let me know what you think of this one. I really like your blog too! Happy reading! (I just posted mine @ http://slkcivilrwr.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-rusty-mailbox-8.html).

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP