Moonlight

Moonlight
Written by : Rachel Hawthorne
Release date : March, 2009
Pages : 272

I see him and know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever. kayla is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying—and thrilling—gene that will change her life forever. lucas is dangerous, gorgeous . . . and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way. As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.


Have you ever had a book, that you just didn’t want to finish, because you already knew how it would end. From start to finish I had a pretty good idea what was going to happen next and I didn’t like it. There isn’t any depth in the story or in the characters and I truly believe that if there were, it might be a little more fun to read. I do have to admit, that it took my mind of college and that’s a good thing! So I’m not saying that it was awful, no, I’m just saying that this book wasn’t doing it for me.

For Dutch Readers:
I do have to say that it was a easy and fast read. The writer does write with easy words, so that you understand everything. If you want to practise reading English books, you should try this one.

Cover:
I like the cover, it is really pretty with the girl!

How many cupcakes?

Becky  – (19 oktober 2009 om 11:59)  

Oh what a shame that you didn't enjoy this. Being able to predict everything that happens in a novel is not a good thing. Lucas sounded really interesting until I read the word werewolf...

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (19 oktober 2009 om 12:10)  

Great review! Thank you for the warning on this one.
:)

Blodeuedd  – (19 oktober 2009 om 12:11)  

Sounds good, but I am unsure about it. Hm, guess it's one of those books you just have to try for yourself

Kelsey  – (19 oktober 2009 om 12:36)  

Too bad, I've heard good things about it... Maybe I'll just get it from the library. Great review(:

....Petty Witter  – (20 oktober 2009 om 05:43)  

Oh dear, sounds disappointing, not a book you recommend then. Actually every review of Moonlight I have read says the same thing.

Nina  – (20 oktober 2009 om 10:08)  

I really was dissapointed, I read so many reviews for buying the book. It was so predictable. :( But i do indeed agree, that it is a book that you should try yourself, maybe you will like it. :)

Melissa (My World)  – (20 oktober 2009 om 17:26)  

I am sorry to hear. This book does sound really good by the summary at the back of the book. I may look at this one if I see it at the store when I am out. Im not going to rush out and get it but I will pick it up and think on it if I see it out.

Thanks for the review!

Misty  – (23 oktober 2009 om 16:36)  

So is it worth it as a quick, fluff read, or is it just irritating. I've noticed a trend lately of books (especially YA) that have a lack of development but seem to get a lot of press, and it's starting to irritate me.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP