Dirty Little Angels

Dirty Little Angels
Written by: Chris Tusa
Release date: March 2009
Pages: 170
E-book

Description:
Set in the slums of New Orleans, among clusters of crack houses and abandoned buildings, Dirty Little Angels is the story of sixteen year old Hailey Trosclair. When the Trosclair family suffers a string of financial hardships and a miscarriage, Hailey finds herself looking to God to save her family. When her prayers go unanswered, Hailey puts her faith in Moses Watkins, a failed preacher and ex-con. Fascinated by Moses’s lopsided view of religion, Hailey, and her brother Cyrus, begin spending time down at an abandoned bank that Moses plans to convert into a drive-through church. Gradually, though, Moses’s twisted religious beliefs become increasingly more violent, and Hailey and Cyrus soon find themselves trapped in a world of danger and fear from which there may be no escape.

On my way home from college and on my way to college I read this story in the train. It took my mind out of my busy schedule and just relax for the ride.
So I can truly say that Dirty Little Angels is a quick, easy and enjoyable read.

The characters (not all, but the most) try and justify what they do, all the bad and good stuff trough God himself. As a religion person I just couldn’t find myself relating with the characters. The whole time I was asking myself are they really so selfish and needy. The actions of Hailey, the narrator of the book where sometimes hard to swallow. Sometimes I wished that she just stop and think of what she was doing to herself and to others. I wished the whole time that somebody good would take Hailey away and just take care of her.

I really enjoyed the story, because in the end I really found myself saying that I had to be thankful that I didn’t grew up in such a environment as Hailey did. The story makes you think about others who didn’t have a great childhood and have to deal with all the drama’s of live.

This was my first review (request) and also first e-book that I read.
Therefore I want to thank Chris Tusa for sending me the e-book.

For Dutch Readers:
Helaas voor de Nederlandse lezers is dit boek niet vertaald in het Nederlands en ik denk ook niet dat dit snel zal gebeuren. Ik heb dit boek in drie dagen uitgelezen op weg van en naar school. Ik kan dus oprecht zeggen dat het een snelle, makkelijke en goed boek is.Met de meeste karakters in het boek kon ik niet echt meeleven. Als gelovige vond ik het namelijk heel erg egoïstisch van de karakters dat ze vonden dat hen daden en acties gerechtvaardigd waren doordat ze in God geloven. Hailey, de hoofdkarakter van het boek is een heel sterk meisje, maar maakt gewoon de hele tijd slechte keuzes. Ik heb wel ontzettend van het boek genoten en het is dan ook zeker de moeite waard om het te proberen.

Cover:
The cover fits the story. “Slums of New Orleans”.

How many Cupcakes?

Pixie  – (19 november 2009 om 09:36)  

ooh a 5 cupcake review. I recently started this book. I really need to get an ereader. It makes reading ebooks, a lot easier than trying to do it on the computer. Great review

~Pixie

Maria  – (19 november 2009 om 10:09)  

Great Review! Sounds like a good book.

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

Becky  – (19 november 2009 om 11:42)  

Interesting review Nina. The thought of the whole religious aspect has really out me off this one but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

hmsgofita  – (19 november 2009 om 12:32)  

Sounds like an interesting book...I wonder now how the characters get out from under the crazy preacher!

Andrea [Buried In Books]  – (19 november 2009 om 17:20)  

I will be reviewing this for Chris soon also, and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it, Nina :D

I Want To Read That  – (20 november 2009 om 13:13)  

Just wanted to let you know there is an award for you here

elnice  – (20 november 2009 om 13:40)  

Great review. I decided not to review this one, sounds like it was a great read.

Elie (Ellz Readz)

Erotic Horizon  – (26 november 2009 om 22:37)  

Sounds like the author made an impression on you with this book - even if it's just to be thankfull for life as you had it...

Thanks for the review..

E.H>

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP