Heretic Queen

Heretic Queen
Written by: Michelle Moran
Release date: September 2008
Pages: 400

Description:
Nefertari, niece of the famed heretic queen Nefertiti, becomes part of the court of Pharaoh Seti I after her family is deposed, and she befriends Ramesses II, the young crown prince. When Ramesses is made co-monarch, he weds Iset, the granddaughter of a harem girl backed by Seti's conniving sister, Henuttawy, the priestess of Isis. As Nefertari's position in the court becomes tenuous, she realizes that she, too, wants to marry Ramesses and enlists the help of Seti's other sister, Woserit. But when Nefertari succeeds in wedding Ramesses, power struggles and court intrigues threaten her security, and it is questionable whether the Egyptian people will accept a heretic descendant as their ruler or if civil war will erupt.

By far the greatest story ever written about Nefertari and Ramesses II. I’d heard so many great things about the book and it was definitely worth reading it. Michelle Moran writes so beautiful that you just can picture the palace and the characters in front of you. Nefertari’s climb from being a total “outcast” to one of the greatest Queens in Ancient History really was well written and made me love the story.

For Dutch Readers:
If you like reading about Ancient History, Egypt, you should really try this one. The story is not difficult to read and therefore a great read! The book is available in the American Bookstore in Amsterdam and it will not be translated into Dutch.

Cover:
The cover is okay. It could have been more beautiful if you also saw the face of the woman.

How many Cupcakes?

Blodeuedd  – (30 november 2009 om 08:56)  

I so wanna read this one.
Yeah, seldom I see faces nowaday on covers

Becky  – (30 november 2009 om 08:56)  

Hmmm...food for thought. I do like historical fiction but this wouldn't be my chosen era. Glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (30 november 2009 om 12:36)  

Every time I read something with Ramesses - my crush with him gets refueled.

PolishOutlander  – (30 november 2009 om 12:39)  

I really liked this one too. Although I much prefer this cover over the hardcover cover.

Kelsey  – (30 november 2009 om 13:26)  

Nice review. This one sounds really good. I have her other book, Cleopatra's Daughter in my TBR pile. Looking forward to reading it (:

Daphne  – (30 november 2009 om 16:03)  

Glad you enjoyed it - I really liked it as well!

Sarah (Limerick)  – (30 november 2009 om 16:24)  

I loved this story, it was written so beautifully!

Addicted Book Reader  – (30 november 2009 om 16:29)  

I really liked her newest book, Cleopatra's Daughter and want to read this one too : D

....Petty Witter  – (1 december 2009 om 05:09)  

Sorry Nina, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I'd also heard such a lot about this book and, on reading it, found myself so disappointed. I love all stories Egyptian and especially by the author Christian Jacques and I'm afraid this one didn't compare.

Nina  – (1 december 2009 om 09:35)  

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the book. I havent read any books by Christian Jacques bĂșt if it is good, I am willing to try. Ofcourse if my library owns the books. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP