Highlander's Temptation

A Higlander’s Temptation
Written by: Sue-Ellen Welfonder
Release date: October 2009
Pages: 400

Description:
Darroc MacConacher spends sleepless nights dreaming of a raven-haired beauty who makes him ache with desire. Then his dream comes true: the lady with her lush curves and fair skin appears shipwrecked on his shores. Darroc is immediately drawn to her strength and beauty, and from the moment she lays eyes on this powerful, broad-shouldered warrior, Lady Arabella MacKenzie knows she'll never want another man.

But theirs is a forbidden love. The MacKenzies drove the MacConachers from their lands and destroyed their honor. Now, Darroc can use this sapphire-eyed seductress to shatter his foes. Yet how can he deny the passion that burns between him and Arabella, and ruin the one woman who touches his very soul?


I haven’t read a book like this before. It was hot, steamy and just full of love. As always I read this book everyday for 8 days in the train and I absolutely adored it. When I had to stop reading, because I already was at my destination place I always had a big smile on my face.

Sue Ellen does a wonderful job creating this scene in Scotland, where the story takes place. As a girl who never visited Scotland, it really makes me want to know more about this country and .. the men.

There are allot of great characters in this book. Darroc one of the main characters in this book is this strong men who wants to find the love of his life and when he founds her there are all these troubles that come along. Why are we so drawn of reading love stories that are always forbidden.
I will tell you this, the love making in this story are beautifully written and full of passion. One word I will never forget is the word that Darroc uses allot: Damnation!Love it.

For Dutch Readers:
I will say if you haven’t read any books in English before, your up for a hard task. Sometimes there are Scottish expressions, that I even didn’t get. It does is worth the risk.

Cover:
Very beautiful. Fits the story well.

How many cupcakes?

Blodeuedd  – (26 november 2009 om 08:53)  

Yay I have this one so I am really looking forward to reading now

Becky  – (26 november 2009 om 11:32)  

WOW! I like the sound of this. Rob Roy meets Twilight! What's not to love? I will have to get my hands on this. Great review Nina, your smile must be infectious. I'm grinning!

Lea  – (26 november 2009 om 12:37)  

This sounds pretty interesting, and your review makes me even more curious! Awesome review Nina! :)

Maria  – (26 november 2009 om 17:58)  

Great Review!:) It sounds really good.

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

Erotic Horizon  – (26 november 2009 om 22:40)  

I don't read a lot of highlander/Scottish books anymore - but the freshness you bring to this books really makes me want to run out and pick it up...

E.H>

choco (In Which a Girl Reads)  – (26 november 2009 om 23:22)  

Nice review :)

And you've gotten an award over at my blog!

http://inwhichagirl.blogspot.com/2009/11/100-followers-awards-and-happy.html

Nina  – (27 november 2009 om 05:46)  

Thank you so much for the award. Choco!

Jill  – (28 november 2009 om 14:49)  

Nice review, I won this book and got it in the mail last week but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (30 november 2009 om 12:35)  

Love it! Sounds good. I dig steamy from time to time.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP