Movie Emma

Title: Emma
Original Book title: Emma
Writer: Jane Austen

My feelings:


What are my thoughts about this movie?
Have you ever watched a movie and thought oh NO. My favourite novel of Jane Austen is Emma and I really thought that this movie was going to be my favourite of all time. Why such hopes you may ask, well for one it’s my favourite book, and two I just love lost and thought that Kate would play a lovely Emma. Like most books turned into movies, they always go to fast. Some sentences they used in the movie was not in the book, sometimes that’s okay, but this was just bad. I hadn’t the time to fell in love with the relationship that Mr. Knigtley and Emma have. If you haven’t read the book, you would have missed that part and that’s huge! I am scared to watch the movie Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow. Yes, I have bought that one too.

Have you watched this movie and what are your thoughts about it? Or have you watched Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow and how did you found that one? I really love to hear about your opinion.

vvb32 reads  – (24 november 2009 om 09:36)  

i think gwyneth does a great job. it was a fun version and my first intro to emma. of course, clueless is fun too with the modern twist.

Miss Eliza  – (24 november 2009 om 13:31)  

I have many issues with Mark Strong as Knightly.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (24 november 2009 om 14:37)  

Oh Emma. I love Emma. I was just thinking about it actually.

I think I prefer Gwynie.

karin  – (24 november 2009 om 23:32)  

I really liked the version with Gwyneth Paltrow, she's a much nicer Emma than Kate Beckinsale. On the 3rd of December the new BBC Emma series starts on Eén (België 1). Romola Garai as Emma, a very different Emma, but she's lovely. Don't forget to watch it!
Nice blog, by the way ;-)
Best wishes, Karin (www.janeausten.nl)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP