Movie Northanger Abbey

Title: Northanger Abbey
Original Book Title: Northanger Abbey
Writer: Jane Austen

My feelings:


What are my thoughts about this movie?
I reviewed this book a few weeks ago, and I just loved it. I never watched any show/movie about this book and when I saw this at the store I just needed to have it. Felicity plays just the right Catherine, the Catherine that I imagined in my mind reading the story. I liked the relation between Henry and Catherine. I really believed that they were becoming good friends. Two things I didn’t like was that it was just going to fast, I couldn’t feel the excitement of Catherine when she was going to Northanger and I couldn’t feel the love between her and Henry. But overall I enjoyed it and do recommend this to anyone who just adores Northanger Abbey.

Au Revoir, Nina

Maria  – (15 november 2009 om 09:17)  

The cover looks good! Maybe I'll try it.

Blodeuedd  – (15 november 2009 om 09:22)  

I do like Austen movies, though this one, well could have been more

natalierenae  – (15 november 2009 om 17:54)  

I still haven't gotten around to reading/watching this one, though I loved Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility. I'll have to keep this one in mind for a movie version after I read the book. Thanks for the post!

Natalie @ Mindful Musings

Mary  – (16 november 2009 om 16:29)  

I saw this several months ago and really liked it!

....Petty Witter  – (17 november 2009 om 07:30)  

Why is it that the film version is rarely as good as the book? Still it sounds like, on the whole, you enjoyed it.

Lizzy  – (17 november 2009 om 16:44)  

While I definitely agree that this one went a little fast, I do think it's one of the better film adaptations. Obviously, it will never be as good as the original story, though

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP