Virginia Woolf Challenge!


In January I am planning to read two books written by Virginia Woolf. I never heard of this writer before and when I saw the challenge on a blog I really was interesting. I looked the name up on Google and was astonished by her life story.

Adeline Virginia Woolf (born Stephen; 25 January 1882 – 28 March 1941) was an English novelist, essayist, epistler, publisher, feminist, and writer of short stories, regarded as one of the foremost modernist literary figures of the twentieth century”.

Quote:
“Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by his heart, and his friends can only read the title”.

The books:
Mrs. Dalloway (Jan 15)
To the Lighthouse (Jan 29)

For the curious people who want to know more about Virginia click here and if you want to join please go to nonsuchbook for the details.

tuulenhaiven  – (28 november 2009 om 07:26)  

Thanks for joining! I look forward to your thoughts.

Lawral the Librarian  – (30 november 2009 om 07:28)  

Mrs. Dalloway is one of my all-time favorites! I hope you enjoy it!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP