Wow 8

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

Title: Anastasia's Secret
Author: Susanne Dunlap
Out on: March, 2010

“Will I never see you again either?” I asked, feeling as though I was about to jump off a high mountain peak and hope to land without hurting myself. That’s how impossible everything seemed at that moment, no matter what I did.

“Perhaps we will meet again,” Sasha said, softening his voice. “But you must see that it does not matter. You have so much ahead of you. It’s your choice now. Choose the future! Choose life!”

For Anastasia Romanov, life as the privileged daughter of Russia’s last tsar is about to be torn apart by the bloodshed of revolution. Ousted from the imperial palace when the Bolsheviks seize control of the government, Anastasia and her family are exiled to Siberia. But even while the rebels debate the family’s future with agonizing slowness and the threat to their lives grows more menacing, romance quietly blooms between Anastasia and Sasha, a sympathetic young guard she has known since childhood. But will the strength of their love be enough to save Anastasia from a violent death?

I totally want to read this book so bad. Last year we had to learn so much about the history of Russia and I was literally dreaming of the beautiful dresses and names.

Me and my best friend also went to the famous museum in Amsterdam called the Hermitage. One entire exhibition wing of Hermitage Amsterdam is devoted to the elaborate protocol of the nineteenth-century Russian court, with its public demonstrations of power and opulence. The other wing tells the story of the grandiose dinners, parties and themed balls hosted by the tsars in the Hermitage.They had these dresses that the woman wore in that century and they were stunning. Me and my friend were deciding who would wear what if we had lived in that century. So much fun.

PolishOutlander  – (18 november 2009 om 07:10)  

Oh man! I would love to read more about Anastasia. Great pick!

Book Crazy Jenn  – (18 november 2009 om 07:26)  

OHH that sounds like a neat book - beautiful!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity  – (18 november 2009 om 07:35)  

ooh, another Anastasia book! Hopefully this one will get better reviews than Dreaming Anastasia did.

Here's mine.

Daphne  – (18 november 2009 om 07:39)  

I think this one sounds really good as well. I would love to see the museum exhibit - I think stuff like that is fascinating!

Diane  – (18 november 2009 om 07:49)  

This book sounds wonderful/ Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Pixie  – (18 november 2009 om 08:02)  

Great Pick. This one is on my list too.

~Pixie

INCiDeNT  – (18 november 2009 om 08:05)  

Not the genre I usually read, but it does sound interesting! Thanks for commenting over at mine!

Mary  – (18 november 2009 om 08:52)  

Sounds really good! I would love to see the exhibit!

pirate penguin  – (18 november 2009 om 09:03)  

This sounds beautiful! It's on my TBR pile now :)

Becky  – (18 november 2009 om 09:20)  

The history of Russia is so fascinating. I would love to go there. Have you read Snow White, Blood Red by Marcus Sedgwick? It is one of my favourite books and it is about Arthur Ransome's life as a spy in Russia. Some of it true, some of it fiction. All of it beautifully written!
Back to your pick, it sounds great Nina!

Maria  – (18 november 2009 om 09:28)  

Great pick. Looks really good.

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

Joy  – (18 november 2009 om 09:40)  

Looks great, interesting museum pic's too.
Sounds like you all had a great time there.

Kelsey  – (18 november 2009 om 13:44)  

Wow great pick & cool pics! 2010 has so many great releases coming out. (:

inthehammockblog  – (18 november 2009 om 15:01)  

Heehee! We chose the same book this week! Thank you for sharing the other pics, they are awesome!

Casey  – (18 november 2009 om 15:50)  

great pick! can't wait for this one either.

Becky  – (18 november 2009 om 16:01)  

Ooooh...this sounds good and it has such a pretty cover!

Lizzy  – (18 november 2009 om 17:41)  

This sounds really interesting! I love reading about the Romanov family, so I'm sure I'll pick this one up

Sab H.  – (18 november 2009 om 18:42)  

Whoa! How cool is that?? Great pick!! ;D

Andrea [Buried In Books]  – (19 november 2009 om 00:14)  

That museum looks so awesome! I wish I had the opportunity visit someplace like that, it looks so interesting...you're lucky, and I'm jealous! Haha :D

....Petty Witter  – (19 november 2009 om 05:36)  

Sounds like a fantastic book, just my sort of read. Thanks for this Nina, another one for my wish list, I think.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP