Dutch Covers

Okay, so the other day (…yesterday….) I was looking for some fun books at the library and guess what I found? I found the series of 'Confessions of Georgia Nicolson”. I know, how fun. They are not in English, but they are translated into Dutch. I will give them a try and if I really, really like them I’ am going to buy them in English. The first one was already rent by somebody, so I will start the second book. I have borrowed the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
I do have to say that the books my library has are the books on the left, I so do not like those covers.


What do you think of the dutch covers (Left and in the middle)?
Do you like them?

Au revoir, Nina

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (1 december 2009 om 11:40)  

I love seeing covers from other countries. I'm not sure why but I totally do.

Hence: I love this feature! :D

I think I like the middle covers best.
Even though the right ones have brilliant colors.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity  – (1 december 2009 om 12:18)  

Yeah, the girl on the left looks just a tad too funky for me. All the same, I love seeing alternate cover art. thanks!

Kelsey  – (1 december 2009 om 14:23)  

I really like the American covers best, sorry! It's awesome seeing covers from other countries though(:

I love, love, love this series- you definitely need to read it soon!

....Petty Witter  – (2 december 2009 om 04:14)  

Always interesting to see the different designs on front covers - I wonder why they do that? Do they think cover 'A' will appeal to those living in ? whilst cover 'B' to those living in ?
It's OK, I'm wearing Really Big Knickers, what a title for a book.

Diane  – (2 december 2009 om 07:02)  

I've never heard of this one...enjoy. Here is my pick:

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/12/waiting-on-wednesday-endless-forest.html

Becky  – (2 december 2009 om 11:00)  

I like the covers in the middle but not the ones on the left. Do the books have the same titles in Dutch or are they different? I love these types of posts.

Nina  – (3 december 2009 om 05:18)  

Hi Becky, no the titles are a bit diffrent.
The first one = Kiwi's, hot guys and big underpants
The second one = nephews, nymfs and noengá, noenga's. (Almost the same)
The third = the same, dancing in my nuddypants

GFDesignz  – (8 december 2009 om 13:54)  

I have these on my wish list and I prefer the American Covers because they look more real-like. :(

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP