Fake Boyfriend by Kate Brian

Title: 2 vriendinnen, 1 ex en een droom prins(2 friends, 1 ex and one dream prince)
Original title: Fake Boyfriend
Written by: Kate Brian
Release date: December, 2007

Pages: 272
Source: Library

My feelings:



Description:
Lane and Vivi have had it with Isabelle Hunter's boyfriend, Shawn Littig (a.k.a. Sluttig). He is the only person who can turn their smart, confident best friend into a complete mess. When Shawn Sluttig cheats on and dumps Izzy just months before the prom she's been planning since the ninth grade, Lane and Vivi decide to take action. With a few quick keystrokes, they create a MySpace page for "Brandon," the perfect guy to get Izzy out of her revolving-door relationship with Shawn. Too bad he's totally fake. Vivi's younger brother, Marshall, who they hire to be the "man" behind the profile, is way too into being Izzy's fake boyfriend. So they turn to cute, prep-school Jonathan to be the face of Brandon. But when Vivi falls for Jonathan, and Sluttig tries to wedge his way back into Izzy's prom picture, the whole plan starts to go south faster than you can say "fake boyfriend."

My Review:
On my search for some translated books I found that some books written by Kate Brian where at my library. This book ‘Fake boyfriend’ immediately got my attention, the description at the back of the book really made me laugh. So I raced home and started reading it. In just one day I read all of the pages! I know, good for me.

Lane and Vivi are truly great friends, but they just can’t help themselves butting in Izzy’s life. They get in all of these fun situations and the way they get out of it are even more funnier. The characters where great, there wasn’t much depth but that’s okay for this book. It doesn’t need it. I loved the ending of the book, it really had suspense in it and made me laugh out loud when I found out the truth. It’s definitely worth the read.

In my ‘hunt’ for more translated books in the library (yes, my library doesn’t have the English ones) I also found Private by Kate Brian.

Becky  – (12 december 2009 om 12:28)  

Sluttig is such a funny surname. It makes Shawn sound like a complete idiot. I read any Kate Brian but I've been wondering about Private so I'm really looking forward to your review. This must have been gripping if you read it in just one sitting.

suzyQ  – (12 december 2009 om 20:31)  

This looks cute! I love your blog design, too.

....Petty Witter  – (13 december 2009 om 05:57)  

A great review - I'm so in need of a book that will make me laugh, perhaps this is the one.

A Buckeye Girl Reads  – (13 december 2009 om 09:22)  

What a good review! I've never heard of the author before-I'm going to have to keep her in mind when I want to read a Young Adult book.

Gigi  – (13 december 2009 om 11:02)  

I'm so blown away that you can read bi-lingually. I can speak French but reading an entire novel and then writing a review... Ay! Really great! And thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog: http://gigilovesparis.blogspot.com

I really appreciated your thoughts!

Justine  – (14 december 2009 om 19:40)  

Definitely going to read this one :) The cover looks awesome too, lol.

Lea  – (15 december 2009 om 09:07)  

I love Kate Brian books :D

Awesome review! I hope you like Private

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP