How to be bad by E.Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski & Lauren Myracle

Title: Stout, stouters, stoutst
Original title: How to be bad
Written by: E.Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski & Lauren Myracle
Release date: April, 2009
Pages: 352
Source: Library

My feelings:





Description:
Three girls who couldn't be more different have one goal in mind: to get the heck out of Dodge. Well, Niceville, Florida, actually. But it might as well be called Nowheresville. Vicks is the wild-child fry cook whose boyfriend left for college and isn't returning any of her calls; Mel, the good girl in expensive jeans who just wants everyone to like her; and Jesse, the trailer-dwelling human morality meter who's discovered a life-altering secret.

My Review:
I never read a book written by any of these authors before and therefore I was really curious how the story would be. Would it all flow together or would it just totally be a disaster?

The book has allot of little chapters and you read them through the eyes of each girl. This way you really get to know all three of them and I really enjoyed that.

The start was a little bit too slow for me. Therefore after three chapters I finally got into the story. I loved the characters, except one, Jesse. She’s a religious person, that’s fine, me too, but she believed that her way (Gods way) was the only way to live. Very annoying!

I liked that during the road trip the girls really get to know each other better and find out about the secrets that they have. Also I liked that during the road trip one of them find love, yes that made the story a little bit interesting.

Overall I did enjoy the book, but am I going to buy this one to put on my shelf?. no, therefore it didn’t was that surprisingly different than other teen stories I have read. But it was a fine afternoon read.

Becky  – (22 december 2009 om 12:34)  

Thanks for your honesty. I don't think I'll be reading this.

Sarah  – (22 december 2009 om 19:24)  

I agree with Becky--thanks for the honesty. I was wondering how this book was. Great review!

Diana Paz  – (23 december 2009 om 19:33)  

Nice review, as always. I haven't been over in a while but I wanted to pop in and say hi :)

Diane  – (23 december 2009 om 20:09)  

Hey Nina....Wishing you the nicest holiday ever. Happy reading and blogging in 2010.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP