In My Mailbox (11)

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, recieved or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.

The Book that I RECIEVED is:
- Ondine: The Summer of Shambles by E.J.McKenna

This book I recieved from Becky at the Bookette
Thank you so much Becky for sending me the book, I am looking forward to reading this one. I love a great ´fairy tale´. And I adore the card you send me with it!


The Books that I BOUGHT are:
Yet again, none.

The Books that I BORROWED are:
- The Clique by Lisi Harrison (Dutch Translation)
- Invitation Only by Kate Brian, 2nd in Private series (Dutch Translation)
- Devil’s Kiss by Sarwat Chadda (Dutch Translation)

All of the above books are borrowed from the library.

Let’s hope it’s different than Private, don’t get me wrong, I seriously adore Private, yes adore, but reading the same in another book is so WRONG.

Description The Clique:Meet The Clique… Massie Block: With her glossy brunette bob and laser-whitened smile, Massie is the uncontested ruler of The Clique and the rest of the social scene at Octavian Country Day School, an exclusive private girls’ school in Westchester County, New York. Massie knows you’d give anything to be just like her. Dylan Marvil: Massie's second in command who divides her time between sucking up to Massie and sucking down Atkins Diet shakes. Alicia Rivera: As sneaky as she is beautiful, Alicia floats easily under adult radar because she seems so "sweet." Would love to take Massie's throne one day. Just might do it. Kristen Gregory: She's smart, hardworking, and will insult you to tears faster than you can say "my haircut isn't ugly!" Enter Claire Lyons, the new girl from Florida in Keds and two-year-old Gap overalls, who is clearly not Clique material. Unfortunately, for her, Claire's family is staying in the guesthouse on Massie's family's huge estate while they look for a new home. Claire's future looks worse than a bad Prada knockoff. But with a little luck and a lot of scheming, Claire might just come up smelling like Chanel No. 19.... The Clique... the only thing harder than getting in is staying in.

After reading Private by Kate Brian and finding it very good, I can truly say I am hooked on this series. I am so happy that my library has the second book too and I can’t wait to read this one.

Description Invitation Only:Reed Brennan's future is looking as bright as the two-karat diamonds in her new housemates' ears. Being accepted to the most prestigious private boarding school in the country wasn't enough for Reed. She had to break every rule to do it, but she has accomplished the impossible:
Reed is a Billings Girl now.
And with her new status come respect, envy, and, most important, opportunity. Not to mention the parties. Unfortunately, at the next illicit party in the Easton campus woods, her roommate snaps some pictures of Reed in more than one compromising position. She uses the photos to blackmail Reed: Dig up dirt on the most powerful and popular Billings Girls or she will have Reed expelled.
And speaking of parties, the Legacy is coming up. It's the invitation-only Halloween party in NYC and it's rumored that Thomas -- Reed's MIA boyfriend -- will be making an appearance there. Too bad Reed isn't even close to invited.
Life as a Billings Girl is every bit as glamorous as Reed imagined. What she didn't bargain for is the tangled web of private lies these girls weave.

I didn’t know that this was a book translated into Dutch. I really thought this was a book written by a Dutch author, later when I looked inside I saw that it was translated. I am looking forward to read this one, it does sound very excited.

Description Devil’s Kiss: Billi SanGreal is the first girl in the Knights Templar, and the most kick ass weapon-wielding heroine around. At fifteen, her life is a rigorous and brutal round of weapons practice, demon killing and occult lore – and a whole lot of bruises. But then, she didn’t have much choice. Her father, the Templar Master, forced her to take this path. There is no sacrifice Arthur will not make in his war against the Unholy. But Billi hates the Order, and she hates him too. Tempted by a chance to live a different kind of life and reject everything her father wants her to be, she learns to her horror that she may unwittingly have brought down the Tenth Plague upon humanity – the death of all first born. Faced with choosing her destiny, she must make sacrifices greater than she could have imagined.

Becky  – (21 december 2009 om 08:14)  

Yay! So glad Ondine arrived before Christmas. I really hope you enjoy it. Happy reading.

Book Snob  – (21 december 2009 om 09:21)  

Ooo looks like you got some really great books. I hope you enjoy reading them over Christmas!

Sarah  – (21 december 2009 om 09:24)  

Looks like you got some great books :)

Happy reading!

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (21 december 2009 om 10:11)  

I'm interested to see what you think of Devil's Kiss. I haven't gotten around the reading it yet, but it sounds interesting! Happy reading!

Kelsey  – (21 december 2009 om 13:23)  

Nice books. The Clique series is a fun read:)

inthehammockblog  – (21 december 2009 om 17:26)  

Ondine looks great!! I'm glad you were able to get Suite Scarlett from the library! I hope you enjoy it!!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP