In My Mailbox (9)

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, recieved or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.


The books that I BOUGHT are:
- None!

The books that I BORROWED are:
- Private by Kate Brian (Dutch translation)
- Fake Boyfriend by Kate Brian (Dutch translation)
- On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison(Dutch translation)
- Knocked out by my nunga-nungas by Louise Rennison (Dutch translation)
- Dancing in my nuddy pants by Louise Rennison (Dutch translation)

All of the above books are borrowed from the library.
Description Private by Kate Brian : Fifteen-year-old Reed Brennan wins a scholarship to Easton Academy -- the golden ticket away from her pill-popping mother and run-of-the-mill suburban life. But when she arrives on the beautiful, tradition-steeped campus of Easton, everyone is just a bit more sophisticated, a bit more gorgeous, and a lot wealthier than she ever thought possible. Reed realizes that even though she has been accepted to Easton, Easton has not accepted her. She feels like she's on the outside, looking in.Until she meets the Billings Girls.They are the most beautiful, intelligent, and intensely confident girls on campus. And they know it. They hold all the power in a world where power is fleeting but means everything. Reed vows to do whatever it takes to be accepted into their inner circle. Reed uses every part of herself -- the good, the bad, the beautiful -- to get closer to the Billings Girls. She quickly discovers that inside their secret parties and mountains of attitude, hanging in their designer clothing-packed closets the Billings Girls have skeletons. And they'll do anything to keep their secrets private.

Description Fake Boyfriend by Kate Brian : Lane and Vivi have had it with Isabelle Hunter's boyfriend, Shawn Littig (a.k.a. Sluttig). He is the only person who can turn their smart, confident best friend into a complete mess. When Shawn Sluttig cheats on and dumps Izzy just months before the prom she's been planning since the ninth grade, Lane and Vivi decide to take action. With a few quick keystrokes, they create a MySpace page for "Brandon," the perfect guy to get Izzy out of her revolving-door relationship with Shawn. Too bad he's totally fake. Vivi's younger brother, Marshall, who they hire to be the "man" behind the profile, is way too into being Izzy's fake boyfriend. So they turn to cute, prep-school Jonathan to be the face of Brandon. But when Vivi falls for Jonathan, and Sluttig tries to wedge his way back into Izzy's prom picture, the whole plan starts to go south faster than you can say "fake boyfriend.".
Only two descriptions, sorry!

bermudaonion  – (5 december 2009 om 08:18)  

I'm so impressed whenever I see someone who blogs in a language that is not their native tongue. Your blog is awesome!

Nina  – (5 december 2009 om 08:21)  

Thank you so much Bermudaonion! :)

Becky  – (5 december 2009 om 09:26)  

I cannot wait to hear what you think of Private by Kate Brian. I've been wonderign whether I should buy it so hopefully your review will help me make my mind up. Happy reading :-)

Nina  – (5 december 2009 om 12:01)  

Thanks for stopping by Becky! I will be reading Private after Fake Boyfriend! :) Hopefully the book is good. )

Blodeuedd  – (6 december 2009 om 01:48)  

Looking good :D
I hope you will enjoy them

Milka  – (6 december 2009 om 05:07)  

Wow, those Dutch translations look interesting. I blog from Finland but mostly I read English books. But sometimes from library I borrow books in Finnish. Happy reading and you have a great blog! :)

....Petty Witter  – (6 december 2009 om 05:53)  

I like your new look blog, that owl is so sweet. Some great titles there - Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas, brilliant.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (6 december 2009 om 06:16)  

Sounds like some great books!

And I LOVE you layout! My blog is The O.W.L. so I love seeing other blogs that have owls. :) Super cute.

hmsgofita  – (6 december 2009 om 06:32)  

Those look like great books! I also love your owl background! Yeah, I'm really bummed that Eli Stone got canceled. :(

inthehammockblog  – (6 december 2009 om 06:56)  

I haven't read Fake Boyfriend, it looks cute!! I love your owl background :)

Sab H.  – (6 december 2009 om 08:18)  

All of those books look really fun! Enjoy ;D

Sheila (Bookjourney)  – (6 december 2009 om 10:11)  

Good books! I dont use my library any where near enough!

Lizzy  – (6 december 2009 om 15:26)  

Lots of great books this week. I liked the Private series by Kate Brian, hope you enjoy it

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write  – (6 december 2009 om 16:39)  

Great books! My fake boyfriend looks cute! Love your blog!

choco (In Which a Girl Reads)  – (6 december 2009 om 17:00)  

Haven't heard of any of those books, but they sound great!

Happy Reading :)

Alexia561  – (6 december 2009 om 18:48)  

Love the covers on these books! And the owls on your blog are so cute! Enjoy!

Nina  – (7 december 2009 om 08:41)  

Thank you so much everybody for the compliments on the layout! :) Me too love owls. LOL.

vvb32 reads  – (7 december 2009 om 11:16)  

the dutch covers for Louise's books certainly give off a different feel to the story. they remind me of pippil longstocking ;-D

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (7 december 2009 om 13:25)  

I adore your little cloud sad face! Way cute!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP