Invitation Only by Kate Brian

Title: Verboden Terrein
Original Title: Invitation Only (Book 2, Private series)
Written by: Kate Brian
Release date: November, 2006
Pages : 272
Source: Library

My feelings:


Description:
Reed Brennan's future is looking as bright as the two-karat diamonds in her new housemates' ears. Being accepted to the most prestigious private boarding school in the country wasn't enough for Reed. She had to break every rule to do it, but she has accomplished the impossible:Reed is a Billings Girl now.
And with her new status come respect, envy, and, most important, opportunity. Not to mention the parties. Unfortunately, at the next illicit party in the Easton campus woods, her roommate snaps some pictures of Reed in more than one compromising position. She uses the photos to blackmail Reed: Dig up dirt on the most powerful and popular Billings Girls or she will have Reed expelled.And speaking of parties, the Legacy is coming up.
It's the invitation-only Halloween party in NYC and it's rumored that Thomas -- Reed's MIA boyfriend -- will be making an appearance there. Too bad Reed isn't even close to invited.Life as a Billings Girl is every bit as glamorous as Reed imagined. What she didn't bargain for is the tangled web of private lies these girls weave.

My Review:
A couple of weeks ago I read Private, the first book in the Private series and I really enjoyed it. And because the first book ended with a exciting cliff-hanger, I just couldn’t wait to get my hands on the second book in the series. And oh my, how I loved this one too.

Reed is a billing girl now, yes indeed, she made it, and now she has to deal with her new life. Her new ‘glamorous’ life, or so she thought it would be. She thought wrong. The Billing Girls don’t treat her like she’s one of them, they treat her like she’s one of the maids, but Reed is fine with it, I mean when opportunity knocks, you hand her a chair.

I loved reading about how Reed deals with her new life and the gossips about her. It’s fast paced and like the first book a page turner. You get to know new characters and some characters better.
Like the first book this one also ended with a cliff-hanger and I seriously can’t wait till the library is open so I can run and get the third.

Here's the Dutch Cover of Invitation Only

Becky  – (29 december 2009 om 08:04)  

I'm really going to have to read one of these, aren't I? I can tell you're really enjoying them.

B.A.M. Book Reviews  – (29 december 2009 om 08:24)  

I haven't read Private yet but I'm so excited to start it!

hmsgofita  – (29 december 2009 om 10:23)  

This looks like a fun series! I'll be interested in what you think of Zombie Blondes! I found it a bit disappointing in the end...can't wait to hear what you think!

runningforfiction  – (29 december 2009 om 11:53)  

man these books sound so good!
they're on my To Read list, but they're also at the end.
i probably won't even get to them for like a year.
i'll just read your reviews to tide myself over.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (29 december 2009 om 12:10)  

You have an award at my blog.
http://owlforya.blogspot.com/2009/12/long-needed-awards-post.html

Addicted Book Reader  – (29 december 2009 om 19:48)  

I totally agree. I just got the third one at the library, so I can't wait to read it!

Sheila (Bookjourney)  – (29 december 2009 om 22:22)  

This looks good..... I have some catching up to do if there are three books already! :)

Blodeuedd  – (30 december 2009 om 07:06)  

This does sound like a good YA series, hm, after that first one and now this one my interest has peaked

....Petty Witter  – (30 december 2009 om 09:14)  

What a great sentence - is looking as bright as the two carat diamonds in her new housemates ears. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Sarah (Limerick)  – (1 januari 2010 om 17:33)  

A friend of mine has this series and tells me to read them all the time. Your review is encouraging. I might just as for the first book when school starts again. :) Thanks for the review!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP