On the Bright Side, I’m Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison

Title: Kiwi´s, kanjers en giga-onderbroeken
Original title: On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
Written by: Louise Rennison
Release date : 2001
Pages: 256
Source: Library

My feelings:



Description:
What tragedy has her so distraught? Her parents have told her she's moving to New Zealand just when she's managed to snog (kiss--look it up in the glossary) the SG (Sex God, a.k.a Robbie). This is of course not the only source of drama in Georgia's eventful life. Her half Scottish wildcat, Angus, who is the size of a small Labrador, herds the poodles next door and terrorizes the neighborhood. Her little sister, Libby, who is slightly mad, stores her "pooey knickers" and her scuba-diving Barbie doll in Georgia's bed. Her mother (from whom she inherited her orangutan eyebrow gene and possibly her "gigantic basoomas") is clearly inhabiting Earth solely to make her life miserable, and even her best friend Jas is "half girl, half turnip."

How happy was I when I found this book at my local library. Okay so it’s translated into Dutch, therefore a little bit different than the original, but who really cares? I seriously almost did a happy dance, but then I realized I was at the library, Public domain, no good!

After reading so many reviews of this series I already have added them on my long tbr list. And now I have the pleasure of reading them before I pick them up at the store. Georgia is fun. A typical teenager with the typical problems. It’s so easy to relate to her, even though my teen years have ended a few years ago. The stuff she writes, just makes you laugh.

One of my favourite characters in the book, besides Georgia, is definitely Jas. She reminded me of Karen from the movie Mean Girls. Her silly remarks and answers are so hilarious! So Will I be adding this one in my shelves? Yes I will. In English or Dutch? I want to read this one again but then in English. The Dutch one is okay, but I prefer reading it in the original language.

Cover:
There are two Dutch covers of each book in the series. My library has this one, witch I so do not like. It’s really childish, like not even for teens. If I didn’t knew these books where the ones in the serie I probably wouldn’t pick them up.

inthehammockblog  – (3 december 2009 om 09:35)  

I read this one! It was so cute!!

Blodeuedd  – (3 december 2009 om 11:22)  

Sounds fun :)
Oh ad yes reading in the original language is always better I think, I have read some bad translations

Becky  – (3 december 2009 om 13:17)  

This is not really my type of read but your review did make me smile :-)

Esme  – (5 december 2009 om 08:24)  

Nina-thank you for stopping by. I visited Holland-many years ago-after my visit I was addicted to fries with mayonaise for many years. I love the title of this book.

Justine  – (5 december 2009 om 20:05)  

Oh my goodness! I love this series! I'm almost finished it actually. All I have left is the final book, but I'm taking time before I read it. I don't want to finish this series! Hehe.

You're right about Jas! She's an awesome character, I love her as well :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP