Private by Kate Brian

Title: Prive
Original title: Private
Written by: Kate Brian
Release date: June, 2006
Pages: 240
Source: Library

My feelings:


Description:
Tradition, Honor, Excellence...and secrets so dark they're almost invisible
Fifteen-year-old Reed Brennan wins a scholarship to Easton Academy -- the golden ticket away from her pill-popping mother and run-of-the-mill suburban life. But when she arrives on the beautiful, tradition-steeped campus of Easton, everyone is just a bit more sophisticated, a bit more gorgeous, and a lot wealthier than she ever thought possible. Reed realizes that even though she has been accepted to Easton, Easton has not accepted her. She feels like she's on the outside, looking in.

Until she meets the Billings Girls.

They are the most beautiful, intelligent, and intensely confident girls on campus. And they know it. They hold all the power in a world where power is fleeting but means everything. Reed vows to do whatever it takes to be accepted into their inner circle.
Reed uses every part of herself -- the good, the bad, the beautiful -- to get closer to the Billings Girls. She quickly discovers that inside their secret parties and mountains of attitude, hanging in their designer clothing-packed closets the Billings Girls have skeletons. And they'll do anything to keep their secrets private.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading Fake Boyfriend by Kate Brian, that I decided to pick another book written by her at the library.

Private is such a great book and I do have to say a very nice one to begin with the series. Reed Brennan is a nice girl, but really just wants to hang with the popular ones. And oh my, the characters of the Billing Girls reminded me a bit of the girls from Gossip Girl.
They have so much power and that’s what I think attracts Reed to them and the rest of the students. Everybody wants to be part of their world and Reed is searching for a way in.
Throughout the book you get to know some of the dirty little secrets that they have and oh my are they interesting.

Seriously how can you go wrong with this book, you got to love the scandals, gossip and the Billing Girls, and seriously I do.

Here's the Dutch Cover of Private

Kelsey  – (19 december 2009 om 11:06)  

Nice review! I have this book in my TBR pile it sounds really good.

Becky  – (19 december 2009 om 12:06)  

I'm just not sure if Gossip Girls are my thing. I was hoping there would be an interesting dark secret.

Addicted Book Reader  – (19 december 2009 om 16:39)  

Cute Dutch cover...I really liked the first one too. I'm reading the second one now : )

Milka  – (20 december 2009 om 06:54)  

I am currently reading Heart on My Sleeve from my mailbox and I must say it is pretty interesting because the whole story is told via e-mails, instant messages, letters, notes and post cards.

I love the Dutch cover of the book. And your review is great! :)

vvb32 reads  – (20 december 2009 om 19:21)  

yay for girl power!
btw: you've just been awarded
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2009/12/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP