The Clique by Lisi Harrison

Title: The Clique
Written by: Lisi Harrison
Release date: May, 2004
Pages: 220
Source: Library

My feelings:


Description:
Meet The Clique…
Massie Block: With her glossy brunette bob and laser-whitened smile, Massie is the uncontested ruler of The Clique and the rest of the social scene at Octavian Country Day School, an exclusive private girls’ school in Westchester County, New York. Massie knows you’d give anything to be just like her. Dylan Marvil: Massie's second in command who divides her time between sucking up to Massie and sucking down Atkins Diet shakes. Alicia Rivera: As sneaky as she is beautiful, Alicia floats easily under adult radar because she seems so "sweet." Would love to take Massie's throne one day. Just might do it. Kristen Gregory: She's smart, hardworking, and will insult you to tears faster than you can say "my haircut isn't ugly!" Enter Claire Lyons, the new girl from Florida in Keds and two-year-old Gap overalls, who is clearly not Clique material. Unfortunately, for her, Claire's family is staying in the guesthouse on Massie's family's huge estate while they look for a new home. Claire's future looks worse than a bad Prada knockoff. But with a little luck and a lot of scheming, Claire might just come up smelling like Chanel No. 19.... The Clique... the only thing harder than getting in is staying in.

My Review:
The Clique has a different start than the Private series. That of course is a good thing, the reader is not reading the same but with a different cover.
In the beginning you read about Massie and her family and how a new family is going to move in with them. Massie doesn’t want this, but has no choice to deal with it.

You don’t get to know all of the characters. Massie and Claire you truly get to know better than the other girls. But this is okay, because it’s the first book in a series.

In the middle of the book I was really getting annoyed by Claire. How weird is that. Normally you get irritated by the stuck up girls, but this time Claire really got on my nerves. She wants to be in the Clique and doesn’t care that they totally treat her like trash. I mean if someone did the things the Clique did with Claire to me I would be totally hating on them.

Also I have to say that I didn’t like that Lisi Harrison used allot of phrases like ‘she’s wearing Prada all the time, she only wears …” I mean we get that they are mean, good looking and wear only designer clothes, we don’t want to hear that throughout the book.

I read a review on good reads and it says that their was a movie about this book. Hello? Want to see it.

I don’t think I am going to read the second book or any of the others in the series. It was enjoyable, but not that great.

Becky  – (3 januari 2010 om 06:09)  

Thanks for the honest review. If I decide to read this genre, I'll read Private instead.

Erotic Horizon  – (3 januari 2010 om 06:16)  

Thanks for your round up - I dont read books like these for the reasons you higlight...

There is only so much room an author can move without the book feeling like you have read it already...

The repetitious language do get to me in a book as well...

Happy reading my dear...

E.H>

Lauren  – (3 januari 2010 om 07:22)  

I don't think this one's for me, but I might possibly watch the movie - I think the things that annoyed you about the book would definitely annoy me too, but the movie looks fun.

inthehammockblog  – (3 januari 2010 om 07:49)  

Great review! I agree with your feelings on this one, I didn't read any of the other books in the series, either. I also felt like it was for tweens instead of teens.

B.A.M. Book Reviews  – (3 januari 2010 om 08:19)  

I definitely agree. This book was... not for me.

-Briana

robby (onceuponabookblog)  – (3 januari 2010 om 08:49)  

I heard these books were pretty hit or miss.
Oh, btw, I have an award for you. :]
http://runningforfiction.blogspot.com/2010/01/honest-scrap-award.html

Chicklish  – (3 januari 2010 om 09:55)  

Hi, I really enjoyed your review - thanks! I've read this and I found it a fun, light-hearted book. I wouldn't have thought to compare this series to Private at all - I think The Clique is for much younger readers - but now I'm thinking about it, I can see the connection!

Nina  – (3 januari 2010 om 10:11)  

Robby: Thank you for the award. I love getting award, they make my day better. :)

Becky: I would def. read Private first. I loved that book, but you already knew that. LOL

Chicklish: I totaly agree that it's more for tweens!!

vvb32 reads  – (3 januari 2010 om 10:18)  

i liked the first book of the series and stopped after the second one. curious about the movie though.

side note: you'll have to attend Mr Knightley's picnic to find out if Emma is there ???

Melissa  – (3 januari 2010 om 11:08)  

I don't know if this is a book I would have picked up, but I really enjoyed your review.

Justine  – (3 januari 2010 om 17:10)  

Ah, I see. I've never heard of this series but I'm glad for your review. I'm interested in the movie though...

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP