Devil’s Kiss by Sarwat Chadda


Title: Duivelskus
Original title: Devil’s Kiss
Written by: Sarwat Chadda
Release date: September, 2009
Pages: 336
Source: Library

My feelings:


Description:
Billi SanGreal is the first girl in the Knights Templar, and the most kick ass weapon-wielding heroine around. At fifteen, her life is a rigorous and brutal round of weapons practice, demon killing and occult lore – and a whole lot of bruises. But then, she didn’t have much choice. Her father, the Templar Master, forced her to take this path. There is no sacrifice Arthur will not make in his war against the Unholy. But Billi hates the Order, and she hates him too. Tempted by a chance to live a different kind of life and reject everything her father wants her to be, she learns to her horror that she may unwittingly have brought down the Tenth Plague upon humanity – the death of all first born. Faced with choosing her destiny, she must make sacrifices greater than she could have imagined.

My Review:
As a History student I love to read books with a historical content. Last year on my birthday I got a book about the templars and found it very interesting how they where found good men in the beginning, but after a while a ´pain in the ass´ for the pope. I was really interested in this book and how the facts where going to be used.

Billy Sangreal, not a typical teenager, has to do whatever her father says her to do. She has no other choice than follow the footsteps of her father and become one of the templars. She’s beginning to hate her father and even the path she had to take, she just wants to go a different direction with her life. I thought Billy was great, she’s a strong girl who fights scary demons, and she reminded me a little bit of Buffy.

The other characters in the book are also great. I loved Kay and the relationship between him and Billy. Okay so it’s not hard to find out who the villain is in the book, but that didn’t matter.

The book is fast paced and for sure a great book for readers who like kick ass girls. The second book is The Dark Goddess and comes out in 2010. So go on, and get started with this one, I swear you won’t regret it.

Here's the Dutch Cover of Devil's Kiss

Blodeuedd  – (4 januari 2010 om 09:22)  

Oh it does sound very good :=d

Becky  – (4 januari 2010 om 09:31)  

I really enjoy historical fiction so I think I will read this. What a great recommendation for a book! Fab review.

....Petty Witter  – (4 januari 2010 om 09:56)  

Sounds a bit different to your usual Knights Templar books, I will have to hunt out a copy of this. Congratulations on your latest award.

Nina  – (4 januari 2010 om 11:00)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Nina  – (4 januari 2010 om 11:02)  

Petty Witter: Thank you so much for congratulating me. :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (4 januari 2010 om 13:25)  

Cool review. The Dutch cover seems to blah.

Kelsey  – (4 januari 2010 om 13:43)  

Nice review. 5 stars, that's awesome! I'll have to move this up in my TBR pile :)

inthehammockblog  – (4 januari 2010 om 16:30)  

Sounds really interesting! I'm glad you liked it! Loooove the first cover :)

Mel (He Followed Me Home)  – (4 januari 2010 om 17:23)  

oh this looks great, thanks for sharing! I love Historical Fiction too, will need to check this one out :)

Mel

Sarah (Limerick)  – (4 januari 2010 om 17:54)  

I'm a huge historical fiction reader too. XD But I haven't read about templars yet. Devil's Kiss sounds like it'll be a real fun read. I'll have to get a copy of it soon. Thanks for the review! :)

Sarah  – (4 januari 2010 om 19:41)  

Thanks for the great review--I've been wondering if this one is good. I also appreciate how you tied in the historical aspect of the novel.

(And I wanted to thank you again for the award last week and to let you know that I started putting the post together to pass it on but won't be able to finish it until later. In case you thought I didn't appreciate it :) )

Lily Child  – (4 januari 2010 om 22:02)  

Oooh! Sounds interesting! Wonderful review! :)

Lea  – (5 januari 2010 om 10:05)  

This one does sound pretty interesting! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP