Dutch Cover ALERT

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

United States - The Netherlands

For me this is a difficult choice. I just adore the US cover, but love the artwork they did on the Dutch cover. The US cover is simple, has light colours and very beautiful. I don’t know which one I would choose if I would buy the book.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

La Coccinelle  – (14 januari 2010 om 00:57)  

The Dutch cover model looks quite similar to how I imagined Mia (the main character). But the US cover is simple and elegant.

I think I actually prefer the Dutch cover; it seems to fit the story better.

Ladybug  – (14 januari 2010 om 02:27)  

I really like them both!

The Dutch cover is almost identical to the Norwegian one :) Just a different font to the title(and the language of course ;)). If you want to take a look at that cover I have a picture of it here.

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (14 januari 2010 om 03:21)  

I love both of them, but if I had to pick one for my bookshelf I would go for the US one. I always prefer covers without models. :)

Nina  – (14 januari 2010 om 05:00)  

Ladybug: I took a look at the Norwegian cover and indeed it's almost the same, but then it has a different Norwegian title. That's so funny. :)

PolishOutlander  – (14 januari 2010 om 06:33)  

The black seems to appeal to me on the Dutch cover. I'd go with that one.

....Petty Witter  – (14 januari 2010 om 07:34)  

Just looking at them I'd say the US cover but that view might change if I knew what the book was about as the other cover might actually be more in-keeping with the story if you see what I mean.

Nina  – (14 januari 2010 om 08:06)  

Petty Witter: Here's the description of the book;Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love— music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind? Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it’s the only one that matters.

Becky  – (14 januari 2010 om 08:10)  

I think the Dutch cover communicates the message of the book more than the US one.

hmsgofita  – (14 januari 2010 om 10:06)  

That's a toughy....I think for pretty appeal I like the Dutch cover better, but for mystery the U.S. one.

RaĆ­la  – (14 januari 2010 om 10:43)  

Reply to your comment on my review on Shadowland: YEAH. I got pretty upset. I mean, in the beginning of THIS one, you don't have a complete opinion about the whole thing yet, of course. It gets bad from the middle to the ending. I'm sad because I like the series. Really. And the author made bad things on the third book... I'm in hope of the story being fixed up. :)

AND, I prefer the Netherlands cover. Beautiful! :)

robby  – (14 januari 2010 om 12:34)  

What a beautiful cover! I have this book and I am really looking forward to reading it. Hmm...I honestly just love them both.

Diane  – (14 januari 2010 om 16:09)  

I think the Dutch cover is much nicer for this book.

Shy  – (14 januari 2010 om 16:57)  

I love the Dutch cover. Perhaps it's because I love everything that's black =)

Aye.Me?  – (14 januari 2010 om 18:03)  

I like the Dutch cover better! I think I prefer dark covers in general. :)

You have an award over at my blog! Click HERE to see it! :)

Lea  – (14 januari 2010 om 18:58)  

I have to say, I'm loving the Dutch cover soooo much more!

Nina  – (15 januari 2010 om 02:14)  

Aye.Me? Thank you so much for giving me the award! :)

Michelle  – (15 januari 2010 om 08:54)  

I love the simplicity behind the North American cover but this new one is very pretty as well. I love the pattern and the black and white photo.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (16 januari 2010 om 07:34)  

The Dutch one for sure!! Very pretty and draws my attention much more.

Keep these coming!

christa @ mental foodie  – (17 januari 2010 om 16:34)  

I haven't seen the Dutch cover before, thanks for posting it!

I really liked the US version when I read the book (love the colors and simplicity of it) but now that I have read the book, I think the Dutch cover relates to the story better.

Jessica Lawlor  – (17 januari 2010 om 20:01)  

Ohhh, I like them both but I'm going to have to go with the US cover!

Hannah  – (21 januari 2010 om 04:49)  

I prefer the Dutch cover for sure. The US cover is Waaaay too plain for my liking.

YA Vampire Books  – (30 januari 2010 om 13:22)  

I love the Dutch cover!! The US cover is kind of boring if you ask me... but the Dutch one is beautiful :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP