In My Mailbox (14)

Every Sunday or Saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, received or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.

The books that I BOUGHT are:
- The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
- My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent


Love the cover. No that’s not the only reason that I bought it, I enjoy a good book with lots of drama in it!

Description The Luxe:Pretty girls in pretty dresses, partying until dawn.Irresistible boys with mischievous smiles and dangerous intentions.White lies, dark secrets, and scandalous hookups.This is Manhattan, 1899.
Beautiful sisters Elizabeth and Diana Holland rule Manhattan's social scene. Or so it appears. When the girls discover their status among New York City's elite is far from secure, suddenly everyone—from the backstabbing socialite Penelope Hayes, to the debonair bachelor Henry Schoonmaker, to the spiteful maid Lina Broud—threatens Elizabeth's and Diana's golden future.
With the fate of the Hollands resting on her shoulders, Elizabeth must choose between family duty and true love. But when her carriage overturns near the East River, the girl whose glittering life lit up the city's gossip pages is swallowed by the rough current. As all of New York grieves, some begin to wonder whether life at the top proved too much for this ethereal beauty, or if, perhaps, someone wanted to see Manhattan's most celebrated daughter disappear...

The description of My Soul to Take just sounds so exciting to read. And the concept of bean sidhes sounds interesting.

Description My Soul To Take:
SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH KAYLEE CAVANAUGH
She doesn't see dead people, but...
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about the need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...

What did you get this week? Hopefully lots of good books!
Happy reading to you all!!

Shy  – (24 januari 2010 om 05:10)  

My Gosh!
The Luxe's cover looks *way* pretty. This is one of the book in my wishlist (Yeah, it's feet long by now :P). Hope you'll enjoy it.

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading =)

Kelsey  – (24 januari 2010 om 06:09)  

Great books! I loved The Luxe. Enjoy :)

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (24 januari 2010 om 06:10)  

I too love the cover of Luxe - actually the covers to all those books!

Luisa at Chicklish  – (24 januari 2010 om 06:15)  

I hope you enjoy them! Happy reading!

Sarah  – (24 januari 2010 om 07:21)  

I really want to read the My Soul series so I'll be looking forward to your review :o) Enjoy your reading this week!

Lauren  – (24 januari 2010 om 07:27)  

Great books! I loved My Soul To Take so I hope you do to. Happy reading! :)

The Story Siren  – (24 januari 2010 om 07:32)  

ohh!! fun books! i hope you enjoy them both! happy reading!

austenfan  – (24 januari 2010 om 07:33)  

I've been wanting to read My Soul to Take, but it isn't available here in the Philippines. *sigh*

Jenn (Books At Midnight)  – (24 januari 2010 om 07:49)  

Nice books! I liked My Soul to Take, and I've heard good things about The Luxe. I agree that the cover is gorgeous, haha. Happy reading!

inthehammockblog  – (24 januari 2010 om 07:57)  

Cute new header! I have had the Luxe for a looong time but haven't read it, the series looks so good! Enjoy!

PolishOutlander  – (24 januari 2010 om 08:26)  

The Luxe has been sitting on my bookshelf for a while and my friend from work has been constantly recommending it to me. Happy reading!

Becky  – (24 januari 2010 om 09:01)  

I just love The Luxe. It is a great series. Enjoy!

Lea  – (24 januari 2010 om 09:33)  

The Luxe is great! I hope you enjoy it :)

Faye  – (24 januari 2010 om 09:45)  

awesome books!i need 2 read them all, hope you enjoy them!

happy reading!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (24 januari 2010 om 10:28)  

The Luxe covers makes me want to go to a ball :)

Sara  – (24 januari 2010 om 11:17)  

Great books! The Luxe series is pretty awesome, yes lots and lots of drama involved! Happy reading :)

Bookalicious Ramblings  – (24 januari 2010 om 11:52)  

I lovelovelovelooooove The Luxe series! Definitely lots of drama in it, haha! Happy reading! :)

Sarah  – (24 januari 2010 om 12:58)  

The Luxe series has gorgeous covers :) I liked My Soul to Take--can't wait to hear what you think.

Happy reading! And about the textbooks talking? (And not just talking, but ancient gossip?) That would be so fun. I like the way you think :)

Lawral the Librarian  – (24 januari 2010 om 13:03)  

I loved the Luxe series! I hope you do too!

Brooke Reviews  – (24 januari 2010 om 15:42)  

The Luxe series has such gorgeous covers! Hope you enjoy your books.

I also love your little hoots on your layout! So cute!

ck.twilighter (Chasity)  – (25 januari 2010 om 13:07)  

AlOooOha...

great books!!

I love Rachel Vincent!
Enjoy

Book Snob  – (25 januari 2010 om 18:19)  

Oh the Luxe series is so good and I've been meaning to pick up a Rachel Vincent book for some time now! Happy reading!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP