Movie Emma

Title : Emma
Original Book Title: Emma
Writer: Jane Austen

My feelings:


What are my thoughts about this movie?
Remember my review of the move Emma starring Kate Beckinsale? No? Well check this out. In my opinion it was very ba-ad and I had no high hopes for this one. Why, you may ask? Well let’s just say that Gwyneth with an fake accent sounds so ridiculous.

This one I enjoyed, it’s not great, but quite enjoyable. Jeremy Northam played a great Mr.Knightley and I could feel the chemistry between him and Emma. And that’s a very big thing, I really missed that in the movie with Kate.

And guess who played Frank Churchill?! Yep, my favourite Ewan McGregor. Adored him in Miss Potter and Moulin Rouge! He’s a very convincing Frank. One thing that got annoying after a while was the fake accent of Gwyneth. Seriously, how did she learned to talk so annoying. Overall it was just enjoyable.

Have you seen the movie and what are your thoughts about it?Or do you have a favourite Jane Austen movie?

Au Revoir, Nina

Review Emma by Jane Austen

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (26 januari 2010 om 08:31)  

O I LOVE Emma!
I haven't read it though.
I think Emma is my favorite story. It's so light and fun.

dArLyN  – (26 januari 2010 om 08:42)  

hi nina, i've never read emma but i watched emma a few years back..i love the movie though =p

Froggy  – (26 januari 2010 om 08:46)  

I love this movie..I love Jeremy as Mr Knightly...now i want to pull it out and watch again. :)

Sarah  – (26 januari 2010 om 09:04)  

I've not actually seen this film but I love Ewan McGregor!!

I've left you an award at my blog :o)
http://bookreviewsbysarah.blogspot.com/2010/01/over-top-award.html

Melissa  – (26 januari 2010 om 09:04)  

I love Emma, but Gwyneth Paltrow is definitely not my favourite actress haha :)

Nina  – (26 januari 2010 om 09:07)  

dArLyn: You should really try to read Emma. I can only recommend it to you if you like a fun, romantic, hearwarming AWESOME story. :)

Sarah: Thank you so much for the award. At the end of January I will post all the awards I have gotten and past them to other bloggers. Many thanks!

Book Monster  – (26 januari 2010 om 09:42)  

I actually didn't know that they had movie of Emma with Gywneth

Nina  – (26 januari 2010 om 09:59)  

Book Monster: Yes one with Kate Beckinsale and than this one with Gwyneth. :)

miss cindy :)  – (26 januari 2010 om 12:16)  

I love this movie, even though I am not a fan of Paltrow. I love Jane Austen, but I have not read Emma! I will soon though, because I really enjoy the movie.

I haven't seen the other Emma movie, but I think I should check it out...

Brianne  – (26 januari 2010 om 17:24)  

I haven't seen this, but I am so going to rent it. Love these Jane Austen movies. Favorite is Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley. :) Such a lovely story.

Meredith  – (27 januari 2010 om 05:01)  

This is my favorite adaption so far. I'm not to crazy about the 2009 one yet. I actually liked Gwenyth, I thought she was properly conceited and confident. I of course loved Jeremy Northam, I think he played the role of Mr. Knightley perfectly!

Miss Reith Jerevinan  – (30 januari 2010 om 22:05)  

whoaa...i just landed back to blog.. and i saw this... thanks for the review. I really like Emma.. but i got to be careful in watching the movie.. especially with the fake accent of Gwyneth!

Amused  – (31 januari 2010 om 09:42)  

Oh man it's been so long since I've seen it but I remember thinking it was pretty cute!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP