Wow (12)


This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!'

Title: Lifted
Author: Wendy Toliver
Out on: June, 2010


It's not what you steal.
It's getting away with it that's so much fun.


Poppy Browne is none too thrilled to be the new girl in Pleasant Acres, Texas--especially after her mother enrolls her in a private Baptist school. But to her delight, Poppy is pulled into the cool clique on her first day at Calvary High, and her new friends, Mary Jane and Whitney, are as genuinely nice as they are gorgeous and rich.
The catch? Her new pals have a nasty shoplifting habit, and before long Poppy is also a theft enthusiast. But when the girls' addictions get out of hand and friendships are threatened, it's up to Poppy to set things right ....

Love the cover.
Love the description.
What not to love? I want to read this!

Lea  – (5 januari 2010 om 10:06)  

I love the cover too! Synopsis sounds pretty cool too. Nice pick! :)

Jenny N.  – (5 januari 2010 om 11:47)  

I recognize this cover it has the same cover as Everything is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis. Which I read recently.

Becky  – (5 januari 2010 om 13:31)  

This sounds interesting. I think I might be starting to get into realism.

hmsgofita  – (5 januari 2010 om 15:15)  

I too like the cover! My niece is having some probs with shoplifting right now...maybe I should get her this book when it comes out!

Missy B.  – (6 januari 2010 om 06:14)  

This sounds good! I love YA fiction!

inthehammockblog  – (6 januari 2010 om 08:16)  

Great cover picture! I read a book awhile ago about shoplifting called "Klepto." I thought I would be turned off b/c of the shoplifting, but the way it was handled was really positive and the girl sought help for her issues. I can see how this one would be along the same lines.

Diane  – (6 januari 2010 om 16:21)  

I don't read much YA but this does sound good....great cover too. enjoy

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (6 januari 2010 om 16:41)  

Yes! I want to read this one too!

Mel (He Followed Me Home)  – (6 januari 2010 om 17:26)  

That looks interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Jill  – (7 januari 2010 om 06:50)  

Sounds like an intersting read.

Jennifer G.  – (8 januari 2010 om 09:40)  

It certainly sounds interesting!

Lauren  – (9 januari 2010 om 10:40)  

I'm looking forward to reading this too! Though, I'm not a huge fan of the cover, because it reminds me too much of Everything Is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP