Zombie Blondes by Brian James

Title: Zombie Blondes
Written by: Brian James
Release date: June, 2008
Pages: 240
Source: Received
Part of: 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge

My feelings:


Description:
From the moment Hannah Sanders arrived in town, she felt there was something wrong.A lot of houses were for sale, and the town seemed infected by an unearthly quiet. And then, on Hannah’s first day of classes, she ran into a group of cheerleaders—the most popular girls in school. The odd thing was that they were nearly identical in appearance: blonde, beautiful, and deathly pale. But Hannah wants desperately to fit in—regardless of what her friend Lukas is telling her: If she doesn’t watch her back, she’s going to be blonde and popular and dead—just like all the other zombies in this town. . . .

My Review:
I put the book down an hour ago and I felt kind of disappointed. I expected a scary zombie book, bus also with some fun parts in it and of course a happy ending.

I didn’t expect that it was going to be so scary. I literally could see the Zombies and Hannah in front of me. However this is also a positive thing about the book. The story was very entertaining and suspenseful that I couldn’t put the book down. The book was fast paced and when I reached the last page I was shocked that I read it in just three hours.
Fun parts? No, more like very scary parts. It took Hannah a long time to find out that the girls she was hanging out with where zombies, even though her friend kept telling her that over and over again. Come on Hannah, wake up!

I was also shocked how the story ended and that’s why I really was disappointed. I don’t want to give much away, but what’s the title of my blog? Well yeah, nuff said.

inthehammockblog  – (12 januari 2010 om 05:20)  

Uh oh!! I'm sorry you didn't like this one so much.

Kathrin  – (12 januari 2010 om 05:30)  

Oh, sorry you didn't like it that much. From your description, it sounds a bit like a YA version of Stepford Wives... I usually like zombies, so I might still check it out. But an unhappy ending? Hmm...

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (12 januari 2010 om 05:52)  

Great review. I love happy endings too so you have me thinking I should pass on this one. Truthfully zombie books scare me.

Brianne  – (12 januari 2010 om 06:24)  

I've never actually read a zombie book that has scared me. Despite the fact that the ending wasn't a good one, I think I'll read it for the scare factor. ;)

hmsgofita  – (12 januari 2010 om 09:37)  

I really wanted a happy ending as well...very disappointed in this one

robby  – (12 januari 2010 om 12:58)  

This book sounds so interesting. Happy endings aren't really my thing. Maybe I'll check this out.

Shy  – (12 januari 2010 om 13:00)  

I've never read any zombie stories. Frankly speaking, anything horror didn't appeal me much, perhaps due to the fact that I'm sort of a wimp *lol*

Cate  – (12 januari 2010 om 14:17)  

Congrats! You've won an award on my blog!
http://sparrowreview.blogspot.com/2010/01/humane-award.html

B.A.M. Book Reviews  – (12 januari 2010 om 16:11)  

I think I do want to read this one just because of the scariness :) Is that a word? Lol. Great review!

-Briana

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (12 januari 2010 om 18:58)  

The scariness got me too! I may have to read this one too! Thanks for your honest reviw.

pirate penguin  – (12 januari 2010 om 20:57)  

I haven't read ANY zombie books yet. Although I'm not sure if I want to pick this one up-that cover gives me the creeps! It's like a demented barbie. *shivers*

You're reading Audrey, Wait! I love that book! I hope you're enjoying it :)

Melissa (My World)  – (13 januari 2010 om 06:16)  

This does sound good. It is neat at times when you get surprised with something different in your reading, and that being well done to like it.

Thanks for the review!

Becky  – (13 januari 2010 om 08:25)  

*shudders* No chance of me reading this one then. Wimp alert!

Brian James  – (13 januari 2010 om 14:05)  

Glad you sort of liked...sorry it wasn't more of your thing. I think that's that sort of the thing about this book. It's either your cup of tea or it ain't. Because it's a 'zombie' book, people have an expectation of what that means.

Thank you for review it.
Brian James (author)

P.S. I'm not a big fan of happy endings :)

Justine  – (13 januari 2010 om 20:35)  

I haven't read a zombie book either...I don't know which to read first, though. The cover looks awesome, but I guess this one's not for me. Thank you for being honest! :)

Miss Reith Jerevinan  – (30 januari 2010 om 22:38)  

I have never read a zombie book before.. seeing ur review..i think i wont read this one...thanks for ur warning.. or i will be disappointed either

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP