Dutch Cover ALERT

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


United States – The Netherlands

Description of the book:
When Lissy James moves from California to Oklahoma, she finds herself in the middle of a teenage nightmare: a social scene to rival a Hollywood movie. And if understanding the hierarchy of the Goldens vs. the Nons isn't hard enough, Lissy's ever growing Aura Vision is getting harder and harder to hide, and if she's not careful, she’s going to become a Non faster than you can say "freak."
But it's becoming clear that Emory High has a few secrets of its own. Around the halls, the term "special powers" goes way beyond one's ability to attract the opposite sex, and there may be something more evil than the A-crowd lurking in the classrooms. Lissy can see a lot more than the average girl, but she's about to learn the hard way that things aren't always as they appear and you can't always judge a girl by her lip gloss.


First let me say that I am not a big fan of both covers. The title is named golden, so I like the golden letters on the US cover. The Dutch cover reminds me of a Dutch book I read a couple of years ago that was about aliens. I think I will go for the US one, just because I like that one better.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

inthehammockblog  – (5 februari 2010 om 06:24)  

I like the US cover, too. But the Dutch cover conveys more of the special powers in the book, the US one looks more like a Gossip Girl cover, etc.

Sarah  – (5 februari 2010 om 06:26)  

I like the colours on the Dutch cover but I think the US colours are probably more fitting for the book title so I guess I'd go with that one. I don't think either cover would stand out enough to make me pick it up in the store if I'd not heard of the book though

Melissa  – (5 februari 2010 om 06:54)  

I love the Dutch cover...the US cover reminds me of too many other ones I see around today...namely Gossip Girl or the IT Girl series :)

Andrea  – (5 februari 2010 om 06:59)  

I think I like the US cover more too.

PolishOutlander  – (5 februari 2010 om 07:00)  

Hmmmmm, I think I'd choose the Dutch cover, cause it makes me think "I wonder what that big pink ball means?"

Blodeuedd  – (5 februari 2010 om 07:10)  

Not really liking them, so to choose, hm

Ceri  – (5 februari 2010 om 07:44)  

I prefer the Dutch one though neither really sticks out much.

YA Vampire Books  – (5 februari 2010 om 08:59)  

I haven't heard of this book before.. but I think I prefer the US cover! I like the colors better :)

vvb32 reads  – (5 februari 2010 om 09:13)  

i lean towards the u.s. because it matches the name better with its goldy-ness.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (5 februari 2010 om 12:41)  

Hmm...I agree that the US cover matches the title better, but if I had to pick, I think I'd choose the Dutch cover!

Becky  – (6 februari 2010 om 01:30)  

I'm not into either to be honest.

Lauren  – (6 februari 2010 om 06:44)  

Hmm, I'm not really liking either of them too much. Though, if I had to pick one, I would pick the US one becasue it's a bit better than the Dutch one.

Justine  – (6 februari 2010 om 11:44)  

Hmm, they're not the best covers, but I guess I'd have to say that I like the US one more.

Lea  – (6 februari 2010 om 13:30)  

I like the Dutch cover, I just wish it had more gold on it...so I'll have to go with the US.

Jenn (Books At Midnight)  – (6 februari 2010 om 18:41)  

Lol, aliens? I think that both of them look "pretty," but they don't really reveal anything or have anything that makes them stand out and want to read them. I would also pick the US because of the gold, and thanks for bringing this interesting book to my attention! :)

Hazra  – (6 februari 2010 om 19:50)  

I like the Dutch cover, it's more haunting and I felt it was closer to the story. But a little gold would have helped.

Luisa at Chicklish  – (7 februari 2010 om 07:55)  

I love them both! I have this book with the US cover and I loved the contents, too. :)

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (9 februari 2010 om 11:57)  

I love the Dutch cover. Beautiful colors. A touch of gold would've been great.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP