Dutch Cover ALERT

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


Dutch - United States

This one is easy for me. I don't like the Dutch cover. Why? The boy on it looks like he's eleven! Okay so I havent read the book, but I cannot imagine that Patch is this young.

Which cover would you choose? The US or the Dutch cover?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (18 februari 2010 om 13:09)  

US
The Dutch one strikes me as dirty for some reason.

La Coccinelle  – (18 februari 2010 om 13:09)  

The US cover wins... by a lot. You're right: that kid does look pretty young... and when you think about what actually happens in the book, the idea of a little child as Patch seems rather inappropriate.

To me, the Dutch cover looks like it was put together in 10 minutes with Photoshop. It just doesn't look very professional.

Adriana  – (18 februari 2010 om 13:16)  

U.S. cover is so much better! I don't really like the title either.

Becky  – (18 februari 2010 om 13:19)  

Patch is definitely not that young and innocent looking. He's a bad boy. It has to be the US cover. You make me want to read this again!

Silvia  – (18 februari 2010 om 13:56)  

I haven't read the book yet so I can't say much about the connection cover-story, but the Dutch cover is simple and it seems as if the designer didn't give it much thought. Sometimes I wonder why do they re-cover a book that allready has a pretty cover to give it a worst one.
Here in Spain it happens quite a lot. Now, here, they give every single paranormal book a cover similar to Twilight's, for example: The Vampire Diaries, The Vampire Chronicles, etc.

Ladybug  – (18 februari 2010 om 14:48)  

I prefer the US one. I've read the book and the boy on the Dutch cover is way to young to portrait Patch.

Melissa  – (18 februari 2010 om 16:04)  

There is much more action and interest in the US cover. I'm with you on this one.

mummazappa  – (18 februari 2010 om 16:51)  

i'm us all the way! patch doesn't look like that to me!

Michelle  – (18 februari 2010 om 16:56)  

US. It's such a gorgeous cover. I really wonder how the cover for the sequel is going to match up.

Melissa  – (18 februari 2010 om 17:36)  

The US cover...hands down. I saw the cover and it took my breath away! :)

Sarah  – (18 februari 2010 om 17:50)  

Definitely the US cover for me. Its the same cover we have over here in the UK & I loved it so much I brought the book in hardback as an impulse buy - I always wait for paperbacks so that should tell you how much I love the cover LOL

Cleverly Inked  – (18 februari 2010 om 18:38)  

I Agree with you, whoa it makes it feel wrong to have a crush on him lol

Andrea  – (18 februari 2010 om 20:33)  

The US cover just has such impact. The Dutch is little generic.

choco (In Which a Girl Reads)  – (18 februari 2010 om 20:57)  

US, no contest. The wings--the falling, the colors--JUST AMAZING. One of my fave covers ever!

Book Monster  – (18 februari 2010 om 23:21)  

US cover, certainly. Though I did imagine patch a bit like the dutch one, a bit.

Shy  – (19 februari 2010 om 05:49)  

Definitely the US cover! It looks extraordinarily hot :P *lol* Have this book on my shelf and am eager to start it soon =)

Missy B.  – (19 februari 2010 om 08:07)  

Hi Nina: I have an award for you at my blog!

http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com/2010/02/award.html

blueicegal  – (19 februari 2010 om 08:30)  

lmfaoooo i know!! hahaahha no way patch is supposed to be the bad smexy boy you secretly yearn for and only the us cover exumes that , plus i so agree the dutch cover is just plain wrong lol!

YA Vampire Books  – (19 februari 2010 om 10:09)  

That boy looks too young, and way to nice! So I have to say that I prefer the US cover.

Misty  – (19 februari 2010 om 11:11)  

Juju -- it strikes you as dirty because it looks like a child! Definitely takes away the sexy and adds in some ick. LOVE the US cover (though I didn't love the book).

Shantal  – (19 februari 2010 om 20:25)  

The US cover! :) I'm going to read this book next week :)

BTW, I have and award for you Here :)

Nina  – (20 februari 2010 om 04:33)  

Thank you guys for commenting! Love it. And I think I can say that the US cover won! :)

Shantal and Missy B: Lots of thank you's! Awards are fun! :)

blueicegal  – (20 februari 2010 om 10:23)  

*gasps* you didnt like hush hush?!!! why ever not it was awesome!!

Nina  – (20 februari 2010 om 11:02)  

blueicegal: Nononono! I havent read the book, but I dont like the Dutch cover!!

Missie  – (13 juli 2011 om 11:53)  

What a travesty! That boy on the cover does look eleven. Certainly not like Patch at all. But thanks for letting me see the cover.

For this, I have to go with the U.S. cover. I've always found it to be beautiful.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP