The Eternal Kiss 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire

Title: The Eternal Kiss 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire

Contributing Authors: Kelley Armstrong, Holly Black, Libba Bray, Sarah Rees Brennan, Rachel Caine, Cecil Castelluci, Cassandra Clare, Melissa de la Cruz, Nancy Holder and Debbie ViguiƩ, Dina James, Karen Mahoney, Maria V. Snyder and Lili St. Crow
Release date: July, 2009
Pages: 416
Source: Bought
Part of: 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge

My feelings:

Description:
This anthology is full of high-quality fiction that mixes some well-established authors of vampire stories with some new ones. The selections have diverse story lines, some strong on the horror component but including lighter fare with some comedy and romance, and an array of writing styles. Vampires are portrayed in a variety of ways along with their history and lore, making this an entertaining read.

My review:
The Eternal kiss is the first book I have read that is contributed with lots of authors. I thought it was a fun way to introduce me to these authors, of whom I have heard so much great things about. It would be a long review if I would tell you my feelings about all of the stories. So I am going to limit myself to the stories that are my favourites.

“Falling to Ash" by Karen Mahoney I loved this story! The story is about a girl called Moth who just got turned into a vampire. Her ‘boss’ needs her to kill a men who is on the right trial of finding vampires. Moth was a cool character, a fierce one. She reminded me of Buffy, but than the other way around. I mean she’s not fighting against vampires, but humans.I would love it, if there was going to be book about Moth. I really want to know more about this character.

’Undead is Very Hot Right Now’ by Sarah Rees Brennan. Another great one. It’s about a boy, who happened to be a vampire and plays the guitar in a band with mortals. The manager of the band wants to explode him and he just wants to be a normal..vampire. This story was very enjoyable and different than the other stories. I mean a vampire who doesn’t have to hide he’s a vampire. Even though the story was way too short to really connect with the character, it was still lots of fun to read. And even sometimes hilarious.

’Kat’ by Kelley Armstrong. I have heard so many great things about this author and I was so happy that she wrote a story for the book. Her story is my favourite of the book, it was suspenseful till the end. Kat and her aunt are on the run for vampire hunters. Kat doesn’t know that she has powers, she does know that her aunt has. When the hunters find out where they are the chase begins and let me tell you this, it was totally suspenseful. I didn’t wanted this story to end, and I hope that Kelley is going to make a full book out of it.

’The Thirtheenth step’ by Libba Bray. This story was my second favourite! Lauren gets a new job at a Drug Rehab Center down town. She’s having the best time and when she falls in love with the leader of the Rehab Center life couldn’t get much sweeter. Yep, I don’t think I have to say anymore. When she finds out the truth, it’s kind of too late..
’All Wounds’ by Dina James.Becky is a young girl who has to take care of her ill grandmother. Her grandmother has Alzheimer and has some bad and good days. One evening one of her classmates turns up at her doorstep, he has been attacked and granny has to safe him. Becky finds out that her granny is a healer and that she herself is one too. I read on her website that this was an introduction to her new book called Stranger things. I am so happy that this is going to be a book!

Okay so these are my favourites. There are also some just okay stories and some I didn’t like at all. But overall I very much enjoyed the book.

Jami  – (16 februari 2010 om 05:02)  

I haven't read a book compiled with different authors yet. I would be a good way to get to know authors different writing styles. Great review!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (16 februari 2010 om 07:05)  

Interesting. Lots of current hot writers. Thanks for the review :)

Cleverly Inked  – (16 februari 2010 om 10:27)  

I love your layout,it always makes me smile.

Anyhoo, a great bunch of authors

Silvia  – (16 februari 2010 om 11:50)  

I have only read one book by different authors "Love is hell" and like it. I knew some of the authors but this way I discovered other that I had never heard of before.

Becky  – (16 februari 2010 om 12:53)  

Wow, I definitely want to read this now. I'm not a short story person genreally but still this sounds awesome!

Kelsey  – (16 februari 2010 om 14:50)  

Hm interesting review. I'm not usually into this type of book, but it sounds cool!

Faye  – (16 februari 2010 om 15:15)  

love the cover. I don't read alot of those kinds of book. but the all the authors are fantastic!

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (16 februari 2010 om 18:21)  

I have this one sitting on my shelf, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm excited that so many great authors have contributed to the book! Thanks for the review! :)

Sarah  – (16 februari 2010 om 19:17)  

Great review :o) I'm going to have to pick this one up - it has some great authors who I've been wanting to try for a while!

Book Monster  – (16 februari 2010 om 21:07)  

Nice, honest review :) Enjoyed reading it!!

hmsgofita  – (17 februari 2010 om 08:21)  

This one is on my shelf as well. Good to know there are some stories to look forward to! Fun review.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP