The Hollow by Jessica Verday

Title: The Hollow

Written by: Jessica Verday
Release date: September, 2009
Pages: 544

My feelings:


Description:
When Abbey's best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead?and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey goes through the motions of mourning her best friend, but privately, she refuses to believe that Kristen is really gone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen's funeral, and keeps reappearing in Abbey's life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he's the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special.

Just when Abbey starts to feel that she might survive all this, she learns a secret that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her best friend. How could Kristen have kept silent about so much? And could this secret have led to her death? As Abbey struggles to understand Kristen's betrayal, she uncovers a frightening truth that nearly unravels her—one that will challenge her emerging love for Caspian, as well as her own sanity.

My review:
When I found out that I won the book I was very excited to read it. I read a couple reviews about it when the book first came out and some where great, but some also not. I have to say that this review is going to be a positive one.

Abbey is a young girl who loses her best friend, actually her only friend. On the day of the funeral Abbey meets Caspian, she finds him attractive but also very mysterious. I mean he didn’t knew Kristen at all, so why is he there at her funeral.

Abbey finds it hard to deal with the death of her friend and school isn’t going well either. Jessica writes this so well that you actually feel all the emotions Abbey goes trough. I could feel that she was lost and just was struggling to find a way to come home again.

When she meets Caspian again, they become friends. One thing that I thought was strange was that when you meet a new friend you ask for a phone number or address, right? But Abby doesn’t do this and Caspian neither. So this and other strange things happened in the book that made me think, is this boy alive or not and what really happened to Kristen?

The story takes place around Sleepy Hollows cemetery and really sets the mood. Jessica has done a great job with her research on it, because when you read the book you can just picture all of the details in your head.

After about 450 pages the ending comes and leaves you with allot of questions. The book was hard to put down and I can truly say that I enjoyed it very much. The Hollow is the first in a trilogy, so I hope that the second one answers allot of the unanswered questions.

Ceri  – (4 februari 2010 om 05:14)  

Great review, hun. :) I reviewed this and thought it was good too. Looking forward to the next book that'll be released.

Jami  – (4 februari 2010 om 05:16)  

Glad to hear you liked it :)

Elie  – (4 februari 2010 om 05:19)  

Yay, I am glad for this postitive review. I too have read several that were not so positive. I just ordered this book too. Now I can't wait to read it. Thank you.

Book Crazy Jenn  – (4 februari 2010 om 05:51)  

I totally agree - I really Enjoyed The Hollow - and I cant wait for The Haunted to come out! :)

Lily Child  – (4 februari 2010 om 06:16)  

I am so happy to read a positive review for this book! So far, all I have read are negative ones! Great review! Thanks! :)

Andrea  – (4 februari 2010 om 06:38)  

I'm actually going to start this soon. Like today, maybe. It sounds pretty good.

Melissa  – (4 februari 2010 om 06:42)  

Great review! I've heard so many bad things about this that it was nice to read something good for a change! :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (4 februari 2010 om 07:54)  

Great review. I've been meaning to read this one for a while.

inthehammockblog  – (4 februari 2010 om 08:08)  

Great review! I'm glad you liked it!! I want to read this one too :)

Sarah  – (4 februari 2010 om 08:21)  

Great review - I like the sound of this one :o)

Becky  – (4 februari 2010 om 08:23)  

How interesting! I heard mixed things about this too. I'm still not sure if I want to read this but you've given me something to think about.

miss cindy :)  – (4 februari 2010 om 08:59)  

I can't wait to read this. Glad to hear your thoughts on it. Great review :)

Sarah  – (4 februari 2010 om 10:48)  

I've got an award for you :o)
http://bookreviewsbysarah.blogspot.com/2010/02/award-time.html

Blodeuedd  – (4 februari 2010 om 13:00)  

Nice review, I have heard good things about the book

Lea  – (4 februari 2010 om 16:45)  

Great review! I enjoyed The Hollow too, and I'm hoping the next one will be even better!

Addicted Book Reader  – (5 februari 2010 om 13:12)  

It sounds really good. I have really wanted to read this, so I'm glad you liked it : D Great review!

Lauren  – (6 februari 2010 om 06:46)  

Thanks for the positive review! I've seen so many negative reviews of this over the last couple of months that I've kept putting it aside because of the worry that I wouldn't like it. Though, now with your review, I think I'm definitely going to give it a try. :)

Michelle  – (7 februari 2010 om 06:39)  

Sounds so good. It's been on my shelf since forever. :( I wish I could read faster haha. Thanks for the great review!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP