In My Mailbox (16)

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, received or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.

The Books that I BOUGHT are:
- Witch Way to the Mall by 22 authors, edited by Esther Friesner

And I BOUGHT:
-Magazine, Teen Vogue issue February
-DVD Coraline
-DVD Antonement

Description Witch Way to the Mall:
Move over, urban fantasy—here comes suburban fantasy. What self-respecting witch, vampire, or werewolf would be caught dead—or undead—anywhere but the Big City, you may ask? Look, let’s give the uncanny crew a little credit for intelligence: If they had the smarts to see the advantage in packing up and moving into the cities, why wouldn’t they have the smarts to move out of said cities if it looked like they could get a better quality-of-life/death elsewhere? (Tough enough going about your otherworldly business and evading the occasional mob wielding halogen torches and designer pitchforks, but have you ever seen city real estate prices?)
So let’s welcome our first group of supernatural suburbanites, the witches. Their powers are awesome, their methods of coping with the lumps, bumps, and idiosyncrasies of Suburbia are ingenious, and they always bring the loveliest gingerbread to the PTA bake sale. But whatever you do, don’t try telling them that life in a non-city setting is bland, banal and boring, or you might get turned into . . . ribbit!

LovesSam  – (14 februari 2010 om 02:43)  

Oh the Atonement DVD is amazing, but you should read the book too, Ian McEwan is an extraordinary writer! I love him

Aye.Me?  – (14 februari 2010 om 03:29)  

I really want to see Coraline!

Atonement is great and the books sounds really fun! :)

Lauren  – (14 februari 2010 om 04:55)  

I've never seen Coraline for some reason, but it sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

Sasha  – (14 februari 2010 om 05:18)  

Enoy your books and DVDs! x

Kelsey  – (14 februari 2010 om 06:45)  

Nice stuff! Enjoy it all :)

PolishOutlander  – (14 februari 2010 om 08:53)  

I still haven't seen Coraline! Arg! I should fix that. Happy reading and watching!

fredamans  – (14 februari 2010 om 08:56)  

Interesting.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox_13.html

Melissa  – (14 februari 2010 om 09:36)  

I love the movie Atonement...and the book :)

Lea  – (14 februari 2010 om 10:04)  

I've never seen either of those movies, but I've heard they rock! That book sounds pretty cute too :)

Have fun reading/movie watching, Nina!

ck.twilighter (Chasity)  – (14 februari 2010 om 10:05)  

Great assortment!!! Enjoy!!!


http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

Esme  – (14 februari 2010 om 10:42)  

I love the title Witch Way to the Mall

Sarah  – (14 februari 2010 om 12:58)  

Witch Way to the Mall sounds like a fun read - I'll be looking forward to your review on that one :o)

Hope you have a great week!

Kathy Martin  – (14 februari 2010 om 14:04)  

Which Way to the Mall sounds good. I have liked some of the other collections done by Friesner. Happy reading!

Justine  – (14 februari 2010 om 14:15)  

Ooh, I haven't seen Atonement, but someone recommended it to me before. So I shall check that one out soon. And I watched Coraline, and I honestly thought it was creepy for a movie meant for children...or so I think. But when I was at the theater watching it, I heard a few children say, "I'm scared, Mommy!" Or something along those lines, lol. But anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

Lauren  – (14 februari 2010 om 17:33)  

Witch Way to the Mall sounds great! I can't wait to see your review for it. Enjoy your stuff! :)

Ladybug  – (14 februari 2010 om 23:43)  

I haven't read Atonement but I watched the movie and I loved it. My mom tried reading Atonement and she said it was just to boring for her. Looking forward to hear what you think of it :)

Lori  – (15 februari 2010 om 08:53)  

Atonement looks interesting. Here's Mine

Meredith  – (15 februari 2010 om 09:23)  

Congrats! you have been awarded!

http://janeaustenreviews.blogspot.com/2010/02/prolific-blogger-award-and-oh-la-la.html

Shooting Stars Mag  – (15 februari 2010 om 14:33)  

I really want to see the movie Coraline!!!

Want to enter my Book Lover's Basket Giveaway??

http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/book-lovers-prize-basket-international.html

Alexia561  – (15 februari 2010 om 19:04)  

Witch Way to the Mall looks like a fun read. Enjoy!

Shauna Kemp  – (16 februari 2010 om 00:44)  

Hi Nina! Witch way to the Mall looks good, can't wait to see how you like it. Also, how's Atonement? I hope your weekend was nice. Happy reading! :)

Dazzling Mage  – (16 februari 2010 om 02:53)  

I've read Atonement, and loved it. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to watch the movie, but heard it is equally good.

Happy reading (and watching!). =)

Becky  – (16 februari 2010 om 03:22)  

Witch Way sounds like such a fun read.

blueicegal  – (16 februari 2010 om 14:56)  

The book atonement was so amazing and the ending.. kept me contemplating for days just brilliant i really need to watch the movie cant wait!! :P

Christina/Book Addict  – (16 februari 2010 om 15:25)  

Witch Way sounds like a good read. Enjoy your books and movies! Thanks for the comment on my page, too!

Michelle  – (18 februari 2010 om 16:57)  

I just finished watching Coraline like 10 minutes ago haha. It's really good. So is Atonement. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP