In My Mailbox (17) & It's Monday

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, received or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.


The Books that I BOUGHT are:
- Cracked up to be by Courtney Summers
- Playing with the Grown-ups by Sophie Dahl
- Oeroeg by Hella S. Haasse (DUTCH BOOK)

I decided to pick this one up after reading all of the positive reviews it has gotten.

Description Cracked up to be:
When "Perfect" Parker Fadley starts drinking at school and failing her classes, all of St. Peter's High goes on alert. How has the cheerleading captain, girlfriend of the most popular guy in school, consummate teacher's pet, and future valedictorian fallen so far from grace? Parker doesn't want to talk about it. She'd just like to be left alone, to disappear, to be ignored. But her parents have placed her on suicide watch and her counselors are demanding the truth. Worse, there's a nice guy falling in love with her and he's making her feel things again when she'd really rather not be feeling anything at all. Nobody would have guessed she'd turn out like this. But nobody knows the truth. Something horrible has happened, and it just might be her fault.

After reading a great review about this book at Claire's blog I decided to read it for myself. The cover is georgous and I cant wait if she's as great as her grandfather. :)

Description Playing with the Grown-ups:
For Kitty, growing up at Hay House amongst bluebell woods and doting relations is heaven. But for her mother, the restless Marina, a bohemian beauty who paints and weeps with alacrity, this comfortable domesticity cannot provide the novelty and excitement she craves. Marina is utterly beguiling, but more often than not Kitty can only gaze on her antics with awe and toe-curling trepidation. When Swami-ji, Marina’s Guru, sees Marina’s future in New York, the family relocates, leaving Kitty exiled in a colorless boarding school. Reprieve comes in the form of the Guru’s summons to the ashram; but then, just as Kitty is approaching enlightenment, she and Marina are off again, leaving for an England that is now fast and unfamiliar. This time no god, man, or martini can staunch Marina’s hunger for a happiness that proves all too elusive. And Kitty, turning fifteen, must choose: whether to play dangerous games with the grown-ups or begin to put herself first.

A Dutch book that almost everyone has read here in Holland, exept ofcourse moi. I saw it at the bookstore for a good price and it has a hardcover, so ofcourse moi bought it.

Description Oeroeg:
It’s a story about a friendship between a Indonesian guy and the son of a Dutch administrator in Dutch East Indies before the Second World War. Gradually the boys grow apart. When the Dutch boy returns to India that Indonesia has become he finds out that their friendship isn’t the same anymore. Oeroeg has chosen for his own people and against the Dutch, including against his friend. He wonders if he forever will be a stranger in the land where he was born.
------

It's Monday
Read Last Week:

The Eternal Kiss 13 Vampires Tales of Blood and Desire
Oh.My.Gods by Terra Lynn Childs

Reading:
The Green Bronze Mirror by Lynne Ellison
The Nation by Terry Pratchett (I have almost finished it)
The Luxe by Anne Godsbersen

Waiting To Be Read:
My Soul to take by Rachel Vincent
Soulless by Gail Carriger
L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
and many more..

Highest ‘My Feelings’ Rating: Oh.My.Gods by Terra Lynn Childs
Enjoyable but not the greatest read: The Eternal Kiss 13 Vampires Tales of Blood and Desire
This fun meme is hosted by bookjourney!

Blodeuedd  – (22 februari 2010 om 02:46)  

Good week for you :D
Happy reading

Shy  – (22 februari 2010 om 02:55)  

Hi Nina!
You seriously have some great books waiting to be read over there. I'll be eagerly waiting to hear what you think of Soulless and L.A. Candy =)

Have a pleasant reading week, this week.
Good day!

Shweta  – (22 februari 2010 om 04:40)  

I am waiting to hear your views on Nation.. Have fun reading :)

Jennifer G.  – (22 februari 2010 om 05:57)  

Ooo, Soulless. I loved it! I hope you do too! Enjoy your books this week!

Ruth Schaller  – (22 februari 2010 om 07:20)  

Hope you have a great reading week! Check out mine at: http://ruthiesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html

Have a good one! :D

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (22 februari 2010 om 07:33)  

Nice stack!
The owl is SOOOOOOOOOOO cutie! I love it!

Sheila (Bookjourney)  – (22 februari 2010 om 07:43)  

I thought Oh My GODS sounded good - glad to see you liked it.

Have a good week of reading opportunities!

Becky  – (22 februari 2010 om 08:00)  

Yay, you're nearly done with Nation. Hope you enjoy The Luxe and your new purchases! Happy reading!

Sarah  – (22 februari 2010 om 08:09)  

I can't wait to read your review for Nation! I hope you're enjoying it :o) You've got some great books coming up - hope you have a fab week!!

fredamans  – (22 februari 2010 om 10:19)  

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox_20.html

chrissie_goldsmith  – (22 februari 2010 om 11:19)  

You've got loads of great books there. I hope you have a great reading week :)

www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

Melissa  – (22 februari 2010 om 11:30)  

Great books. Looking forward to your reviews. :)

The1stdaughter  – (22 februari 2010 om 11:41)  

So many great books! Wow! And all of them books I want to read! Cracked Up to Be was really good, but be warned it will haunt you for days after you're done.

Can't wait to read more of your reviews and get more great recommendations! Have a fabulous week!

Christina T  – (22 februari 2010 om 12:47)  

I'm glad you liked Oh My Gods. I am hoping to read that one. I also want to read Cracked Up to Be and Courtney Summers' new one (can't remember name). I love Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series and I also liked The Luxe. I hope you enjoy your books!

Lauren  – (22 februari 2010 om 13:31)  

I loved Cracked Up To Be, so I hope you enjoy it too. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on Playing with the Grown-ups. It looks interesting. Happy reading! :)

Serpentine Librarian  – (22 februari 2010 om 14:10)  

Looks like you've got some great books waiting for you this week! Oh.My.Gods sounds like a fun book, I will definitely be on the lookout for that one. Have a great week :)

Amy  – (22 februari 2010 om 14:29)  

Hm, I wonder if LA Candy is any good. Happy reading!

Tammy  – (22 februari 2010 om 15:19)  

I have Cracked Up To Be on my wish list. I've heard great things about that one.
Happy Reading!

Addicted Book Reader  – (22 februari 2010 om 17:07)  

Oooh they all sound good. I really want to read Cracked Up to Be! Enjoy : D

China  – (22 februari 2010 om 17:11)  

I'm currently reading several books at the moment, and this is one of them...

Teddyree  – (23 februari 2010 om 01:48)  

Nice line-up of books, I've got My Soul to Take to read sometime soon. Have a wonderful reading week :-)

inthehammockblog  – (23 februari 2010 om 12:54)  

I've heard cracked up to be is awesome!!

alitareads  – (23 februari 2010 om 16:21)  

Oh.My.Gods looks really fun. Enjoy the books you have coming up!

Michelle  – (27 februari 2010 om 05:55)  

I hope you enjoy these! Cracked Up To Be is such an amazing book. :D

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP