In My Mailbox (18)

Every sunday or saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, received or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.

The Books that I BOUGHT are:
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- The Thornthwaite Inheritance by Gareth P. Jones
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

The Books that I Borrowed are:
- The Journey of Voltaire by Kjell Espmark (DUTCH BOOK)
- Swift as Desire by Laura Esquivel

The above books are borrowed from the local library.

The Book that I RECEIVED for REVIEW is:
- Cat Sitter: Mystery of the Siamese by Teresa Ives Lilly
Thank you Teresa for sending me the book! I am looking forward to reading it with my nieces.

The Book that I WON is:

- My Worst Best Friend by Dyan Sheldon @ Chicklish
Thank you Luisa and authors from Chicklish. The cover is adoreable and I cant wait to start this one.
I wanted this book for as long as I can remember and now I have it! Yippie! Doesn't it sound fun!
Description The Thornthwaite Inheritance:
Ovid and Lorelli Thornthwaite have been trying to kill each other for so long that neither twin can remember which act of attempted murder came first. But whoever struck first, trying to take each other's lives is simply what they do. Until one day a lawyer arrives at their house to take stock of its contents, and his accompanying son attracts their attention. Soon a new battle evolves - one in which the twins have to work together to solve the mystery of their parents' deaths. Can Lorelli and Ovid overcome their old animosities, and will they ever get to finish that game of chess?

Walked by this book and just had to read it. It just sounds so fun and informative!
Description The Journey of Voltaire:
Voltaire, the French philosopher is not death at all, well not anymore. The first thing that he notice when he wakes up is that his teeth are back! He remembers the life that he had when he had teeth, but part from that everything changed. The rumour that he’s alive spread and Voltaire is being asked if he could give some knowledge to the world.

In January I read Like Water for Chocolat and well if you read my review, you know why I had to read another book by this wonderful and talented author.
Description Swift as Desire:
Instead of entering the world crying like other babies, Júbilo was born with a smile on his face. He had a gift for hearing what was in people's hearts, for listening to sand dunes sing and insects whisper. Even as a young boy, acting as an interpreter between his warring Mayan grandmother and his Spanish-speaking mother, he would translate words of spite into words of respect, so that their mutual hatred turned to love. When he grew up, he put his gift to good use in his job as a humble telegraph operator.
But now the telegraph lies abandoned, obsolete as a form of communication in the electronic age, and don Júbilo is on his deathbed, mute and estranged from his beloved wife, Lucha, who refuses to speak to him. What tragic event has come between two such sensuous, loving people to cause their seemingly irreparable rift? What mystery lies behind the death of the son no one ever mentions? Can their daughter bring reconciliation to her parents before it is too late, by acting as an interpreter between them, just as Júbilo used to do for other people?

Tommorow I am going to visit my nieces and I am planning to read this to them. It's only 45 pages, so I think It's going to be a fun story to read when they are about to go to sleep.
Description Cat Sitter:
Meet Cat, who is a cat sitter. She takes care of these wonderful cats when their owners are away. In each story, Cat runs into some unusual situations while dealing with the cats. In this first mystery, Cat can not understand why Percy is acting so unlike himself while Cat is in charge. In this story, Cat also must write a Haiku for school, all about a cat.

I won this. Happy dance! Love the description, absolutley love the cover. WOwsey!
Description My Worst Best Friend:
"Promise me you'll always be my best friend, Grace". said Savanna. "No matter what happens. Promise.Promise. Promise." I laughed. "Of course I will", I promised. It was a No brainer. There was nothing that could ever end our friendship. We were soul sisters. We were cosmic twins and we would be forever. At least that's what I thought when....


As you can tell I did not include the descriptions of Pride and Prejudice and Wuther Heights!
But look at that cover, it's beautiful!
I hope you also have lots and lots of fun books to read this week!Enjoy reading the books you got!

Shy  – (27 februari 2010 om 09:17)  

I absolutely adore the covers of "My worst best friend" and "Pride & Prejudice"! And you do make me wonder what actually happen in the first book w/ that little snippet. Will be anticipating your reviews once you've done reading it. Until then, wish you have a great weekend =)

Becky  – (27 februari 2010 om 09:18)  

I really want to buy The Thornthwaite Inheritance for the school library but it keeps coming up as out of print. I'll have to have another go. Hope you enjoy your classics!

YA Vampire Books  – (27 februari 2010 om 09:31)  

You got some classics this week - books by both Austen & Bronte! Hope you'll like them! I haven't read them myself, but they must be classics for a reason, right? :P

Sasha  – (27 februari 2010 om 09:52)  

Great books this week. My Worst Best Friend looks amazing :)

Lauren  – (27 februari 2010 om 10:22)  

Congrats on the win - My Worst Best Friend sounds awesome. Hope you enjoy!

Blodeuedd  – (27 februari 2010 om 10:24)  

Those are some funky covers for the classics :)

Luisa at Chicklish  – (27 februari 2010 om 10:50)  

Oh yay, My Worst Best Friend arrived! Congratulations on your win, and I really hope you enjoy it. All those other books look great, too. Happy reading!

Hagelrat  – (27 februari 2010 om 11:49)  

Thornthwaite Inheritance is fun, enjoy.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (27 februari 2010 om 12:03)  

I agree that the Thornthwaite Inheritance looks fun! I'm going to be looking for that one :)

Melissa  – (27 februari 2010 om 12:26)  

Great books! I love love love Pride & Prejudice...always have, and I always will :)

Sarah  – (27 februari 2010 om 13:18)  

Great selection this week - some classics & some new books! I hope you enjoy them all :o)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (27 februari 2010 om 14:37)  

O you got the lovely Gothic style Pride and Prejudice :) NICE :)

Melissa  – (27 februari 2010 om 15:05)  

Wuthering Heights cover looks great! Great choices!

Amelia  – (27 februari 2010 om 15:23)  

Okay, that is the AWESOMEST (word?) cover for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE that I have ever *ever* seen!!
Happy reading :D

Rebecca  – (27 februari 2010 om 17:11)  

Wow you got so many awesome books this week. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

PolishOutlander  – (27 februari 2010 om 19:01)  

I have to admit, that after reading Like Water for Chocolat, I read two more books by that author and they were just not as good, at least to me. For me, Like Water for Chocolat is her best work, although I have not read Swift as Desire. Looking forward to seeing what you thought of it. Happy reading.

Shweta  – (28 februari 2010 om 01:17)  

Great haul . Many reviews coming up soon then :)

robby (once upon a book blog/fourteen years)  – (28 februari 2010 om 07:17)  

I can't wait for your reviews of Wuthering Heights or Pride and Prejudice. :]

Christina/Book Addict  – (28 februari 2010 om 07:26)  

I like the covers for the classics. Very cool! You've got some great books. I hope you enjoy them. I'll be keeping my eye out for your reviews.

Lea  – (28 februari 2010 om 09:34)  

Whoa, you got a lot this week! I hope you enjoy each of them :D

Dana  – (28 februari 2010 om 10:31)  

Oooh, great covers for P&P & Wuthering heights. Enjoy all your books!

hmsgofita  – (28 februari 2010 om 11:22)  

I won both of those P&P and Wuthering Heights! Having a pretty color just makes it so much more fun to read. Looks like your others are great finds as well!

MarjoleinBookBlog  – (28 februari 2010 om 13:06)  

great books Nina, veel leesplezier!

Lizzy  – (28 februari 2010 om 14:48)  

You got a bunch of great books! The Thornthwaite Inheritance sounds really interesting, I'll have to pick it up. Happy reading!

Ceri  – (28 februari 2010 om 17:34)  

Oooh, Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice <3 . The Classics fan in me is squeeeing. hehe.

pirate penguin  – (28 februari 2010 om 20:16)  

Pride & Prejudice! I absolutely ADORE that book. (and the movies!) My Worst Best Friend looks really interesting...

Anyways, I hope all your books turn out to be fabulous reads! :)

Jenny N.  – (28 februari 2010 om 23:00)  

I have Wuthering Heights but havent read it yet and I love the cover for P&P.

miss cindy :)  – (3 maart 2010 om 09:24)  

I love those covers! I want those :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP