Oh.My.Gods by Terra Lynn Childs

Title: Oh.My.Gods

Written by: Terra Lynn Childs
Release date: May, 2009
Pages: 288

My feelings:


Description:
Phoebe Castro is a distance runner who plans on winning a full-ride cross-country scholarship to USC with her two best friends. Then her mother returns from a family reunion abroad with a Greek fiancé who runs a private school and announces that she and Phoebe will be moving to an island in the Aegean. The news gets worse as the teen arrives to find out that there is no scheduled ferry service from the island. To top off everything, she learns that every other student is descended from one or more Greek gods. Her new stepfather tells her that she cannot share this fact with anyone, for the safety of everyone on Serfopoula. Things seem to be looking up when she meets an absolutely gorgeous guy while running on the beach and, despite her lack of divine ancestry, she is granted a provisional place on the cross-country team.

My Review:
Oh.My.Gods is funny, cute and light. Three things I like the most to read when I’m on my way home from college. Thankfully the train was delayed so I could read this in one sitting.

Phoebe Castro doesn’t want to change anything in her own little perfect world, unfortunately her mom thinks otherwise. She just met the love of her life and he’s from Greece. Phoebe has no other choice than to move to Greece with her mom and new stephdad. I thought she handled the move very well, she cried, screamed and was just a total teenager. When she’s on the boat to the island where she’s going to live her stephdad tells her the truth about the school she’s going too, that the children and even himself are family of the Greek Gods. Got emotional? Yes, she even fainted and I totally could understand! It’s enjoyable to read how Phoebe deals with her new dad, new sister and new school.

There is even a little bit of romance in the book and totally unexpected. I thought she was going to fall for the other boy. But Terra surprised me and I adored it.

The Greek mythology was great in the book, I always enjoy a book with some historical content in it.I’m looking forward for the sequel of Oh.My.Gods titled Goddess Bootcamp, I hope it’s as fun as light as this one is.

Blodeuedd  – (20 februari 2010 om 05:48)  

Wanna read :D It sounds so fun

Jami  – (20 februari 2010 om 06:45)  

This one sounds cute. Great review!

Becky  – (20 februari 2010 om 06:49)  

Awesome! This sounds like a great fun read. I want to read it now. Fab review Nina!!!

Christina/Book Addict  – (20 februari 2010 om 07:41)  

Great review and hilarious cover! I also wanted to let you know that I gave your blog an award! Check it out here: http://bookaddictchris.blogspot.com/2010/02/lovely-award.html

Sarah  – (20 februari 2010 om 08:03)  

Great review :o) Sounds like a fun read!

Shweta  – (20 februari 2010 om 08:04)  

I told you it is an awesome book. Very cute and fun..I want to read the sequel too :)Loved the review

Lauren  – (20 februari 2010 om 08:16)  

Ooh, this sounds fantastic! It's not often someone is pleased that their train is delayed, so this must be awesome. I love a cute, light-hearted read like this! Thanks for the great review.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (20 februari 2010 om 08:25)  

I LOVE this book. I can't wait for her upcoming mermaid tale :)

Melissa  – (20 februari 2010 om 13:33)  

I wasn't sure about this one, but your review changed my mind! Thanks!

Book Monster  – (20 februari 2010 om 13:46)  

The cover is so cool :) Nice review!!

Misty  – (20 februari 2010 om 19:42)  

I think I'll get around to this someday. I was a bit obsessed with mythology growing up.

By the way, I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I like the owls. :)

Nina  – (21 februari 2010 om 03:50)  

Shweta: And thank you for telling me it was totally cute, cause it was. I had no idea how much, but I adored the book! :)

Juju: I cant wait either! It sounds like a terrific book.

Misty: Thank you, me love owls. :)

hmsgofita  – (21 februari 2010 om 07:41)  

I've heard about this one around the sphere and now from your review I'm looking forward to reading it! Thanks!

Kelsey  – (21 februari 2010 om 09:51)  

I really need to read this :) I love funny, cute, and light books!

inthehammockblog  – (21 februari 2010 om 10:47)  

This sounds so good!! I'm adding it to my to read list!

Bookalicious Ramblings  – (22 februari 2010 om 02:08)  

Thanks for the review, it sounds like a very cute read! :D

Sarah  – (22 februari 2010 om 07:23)  

Thanks for the great review! I've been curious about this one--it sounds cute and fun. I don't ride trains very often (because there aren't any where I live) but I'm glad to hear that it made for good train reading :)

Lily Child  – (23 februari 2010 om 06:02)  

Oooh! This sounds like a fun read! I will put it in the tbr pile! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP