Wow (17)

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

Title: Little Women and Werewolves
Author:Louisa May Alcott & Porter Grand
Out on: May, 2010

A literary landmark—the original, suppressed draft of the classic novel!
Little Women is a timeless classic. But Louisa May Alcott’s first draft—before her editor sunk his teeth into it—was even better. Now the original text has at last been exhumed. In this uncensored version, the March girls learn some biting lessons, transforming from wild girls into little women—just as their friends and neighbors transform into vicious, bloodthirsty werewolves!
Here are tomboy Jo, quiet Beth, ladylike Amy, and good-hearted Meg, plus lovable neighbor Laurie Laurence, now doomed to prowl the night on all fours, maiming and devouring the locals. As the Civil War rages, the girls learn the value of being kind, the merits of patience and grace, and the best way to stab a supernatural creature in the heart and cut off his ugly, slavering head.
By turns heartwarming and blood-curdling, this rejuvenated classic will be cherished and treasured by those who love a lesson in virtue almost as much as they enjoy a good old-fashioned dismemberment.
Includes the original letter from Alcott’s editor, telling her not to even think about it!


This book is not exactly the book I am waiting for, it’s more like I wanted to show you the cover. Isn’t it great! Okay so they didn't had to put the blood spatters on it, but it's still adoreable.
Okay so what about the story? Well the original is amazing, but I don’t know if I am going to read this one. I am willing to try Abraham Lincoln Vampire hunter, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and even Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.

Also I browsed at Amazon.com for more details and was shocked that they also had these:
- Mansfield Park and Mummies
- Emma and the Werewolves
What do you think about these books? Have you tried any of them and what did you think about it?

Mary  – (24 februari 2010 om 04:15)  

The cover is better than most of "these books" (to my eye). I'm just not drawn to them. I hope you'll review it if you read it!

Jan von Harz  – (24 februari 2010 om 05:00)  

Werewolves and Little Women I want to read this simply because it was Alcott's first draft. Good choice.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (24 februari 2010 om 05:40)  

Whoa! Cool! I love it. First I've heard of it. Thanks for posting!

Christina/Book Addict  – (24 februari 2010 om 05:57)  

I agree- this is the first I am hearing of this one. Sounds interesting! Thanks for visiting my WOW.

tarynwanderer  – (24 februari 2010 om 06:00)  

That really is a great cover! And werewolves are probably my favorite out of all the supernatural beasties. Haven't read any of this type of book yet, though!

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is over at bookwanderer.

Lori  – (24 februari 2010 om 06:06)  

One day I am going to read these spin off type of books. Here's Mine

Book Crazy Jenn  – (24 februari 2010 om 06:19)  

You know, I have not read any of these spin off kinds of books - are they any good? Maybe I should give one a try...the cover of the book is neat, I almost missed the wolf LOL :)

Alayne  – (24 februari 2010 om 06:33)  

I have PP&Z and S&S&SM but haven't heard of the others until now. So crazy! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Aleksandra  – (24 februari 2010 om 06:40)  

Yeah, the cover is great. I've actually had started last year Pride, Prejudice & Zombies, but didn't finished it. Wasn't in a mood for it & never picked it up again. Thanks for sharing the other covers. I didn't know they existed :)

Cassandra  – (24 februari 2010 om 07:08)  

Oh wow! I want to read all three! I love the idea of the werewolves. I just recently bought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as well as Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, but I haven't read them yet. Thanks so much for sharing!

PolishOutlander  – (24 februari 2010 om 07:31)  

Wow, these types of books are popping up everywhere! I didn't even finish PP&Z.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (24 februari 2010 om 08:16)  

I do like the cover picture, but I'm disturbed by the fact that they are saying this is her first draft. Hmm....

Serpentine Librarian  – (24 februari 2010 om 11:38)  

I haven't heard of Little Women and Werewolves. Hmm, I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which was okay, but I'm not too sure about these hybrids. If they get people to read the originals then they will be worthwhile.

Becky  – (24 februari 2010 om 12:27)  

I haven't tried any of these although they sound pretty bizarre!

Lauren  – (24 februari 2010 om 13:39)  

I haven't read any of these yet. I'm saving myself for either this one or 'Little Women and Vampires' which I hear is due around the same time. Probably this one though, because werewolves are the best!

Lily Child  – (24 februari 2010 om 14:27)  

Hahahahaha!!! I love it! The cover is great! :D

Mel (He Followed Me Home)  – (24 februari 2010 om 14:53)  

I haven't read any of the these mashups though do have Sensibility & Sea Monsters and Pride, Prejudice & Zombies. I'm going to give them a shot one day!

pirate penguin  – (24 februari 2010 om 18:12)  

I haven't read any of these spin-offs. To be honest, I'm not really attracted to them. (I guess I like my classics to be untouched, lol)

Lizzy  – (24 februari 2010 om 18:39)  

Hmm I'm not really sure how I feel about all these remakes of the classics. I guess I'll have to wait to read some reviews first.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (24 februari 2010 om 19:44)  

I wonder what my daughte would think of the Little Women one. She loved that book! I'll have to show it to her.

dArLyN  – (24 februari 2010 om 19:44)  

this one sound interesting choice *wink*

Jennifer G.  – (24 februari 2010 om 21:45)  

I've been avoiding these kinds of books, but I have to admit that is a great cover!

norilana  – (26 februari 2010 om 15:42)  

Dear Friends,

I am the author of Mansfield Park and Mummies, and Google brought me here... :-)

For your FREE reading enjoyment (and plenty of giggles), I have just posted the first three chapters and welcome you all to take a look and judge the book for yourself.

Cheers,

Vera Nazarian

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP