Cracked up to be by Courtney Summers

Title: Cracked up to be

Written by: Courtney Summers
Release date: December, 2008
Pages: 224

My feelings:


Description:
When "Perfect" Parker Fadley starts drinking at school and failing her classes, all of St. Peter's High goes on alert. How has the cheerleading captain, girlfriend of the most popular guy in school, consummate teacher's pet, and future valedictorian fallen so far from grace? Parker doesn't want to talk about it. She'd just like to be left alone, to disappear, to be ignored. But her parents have placed her on suicide watch and her counselors are demanding the truth. Worse, there's a nice guy falling in love with her and he's making her feel things again when she'd really rather not be feeling anything at all. Nobody would have guessed she'd turn out like this. But nobody knows the truth. Something horrible has happened, and it just might be her fault.

My Review:
In December many bloggers decided to make a list of the ten amazing books they had read in 2009 and Cracked up to be was one of those books that made it to this list. I looked the book up and read only positive reviews for it and I decided to pick this one up as soon as I got the chance.

Well it’s March and I had the opportunity to buy it, so of course moi did. Parker had everything, but one event in her life changed it. The character of Parker was stubborn, didn’t want to get help and just wanted to be left alone. She pushes everybody aside and wanted to deal with her problem by ignoring it. Bit by bit you get to know the truth and what really is going on with Parker. Even though I could not relate to this character or the other characters in the book I still felt a connection. I think it’s because of the writing, it’s so real and straightforward that you cannot help but see the story in front of you.

I could not put the book down and read it till two o’clock in the evening, it’s a story that captures you and will not let you go. I loved every minute of it and was curious why Parker turned into the girl she is today. I defiantly recommend this book!

Shweta  – (11 maart 2010 om 04:31)  

I have been wanting to read this book for so long now .. Keep hearing these great things about it :)Great review..

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (11 maart 2010 om 04:31)  

Sounds cool ! Not being able to put a book down, ah, that's a really good sign !

Michelle  – (11 maart 2010 om 04:46)  

Courtney is amazing! I love everything she's published so far. There's such an honesty to her story telling and characters.

Glad to see you liked this one! :D

....Petty Witter  – (11 maart 2010 om 04:59)  

A lot of the students at my husbands work place are reading and enjoying this book, saying pretty much the same things as you as to how they can't put it down.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (11 maart 2010 om 06:03)  

O I just love books that rob me of sleep :)

Jennifer (Crazy-for-Books)  – (11 maart 2010 om 07:15)  

I reviewed this recently, too, and really liked it! It is a fast read and hard to put down!! Nice review! :)

miss cindy :)  – (11 maart 2010 om 08:35)  

Oh this sounds like something I would really like! Great review :)

Andrea  – (11 maart 2010 om 08:55)  

It sounds much heavier than the cover implies. Great review.

brizmus  – (11 maart 2010 om 10:17)  

wow, sounds like this book deserved to be on all of those lists. It really sounds awesome!

Blodeuedd  – (11 maart 2010 om 12:51)  

It does sound great, though I do like to connect so dunno if it would work for me

Addicted Book Reader  – (11 maart 2010 om 13:38)  

I really want to read it because it sounds amazing. Awesome review, I'm glad you liked it : D

Melissa  – (11 maart 2010 om 15:43)  

Sounds like a good book. I love those that you can't put down! Thanks!

Melissa  – (12 maart 2010 om 08:46)  

Excellent review, Nina! I've heard the most amazing things about this book - your review, included - and I think I need to try it! Thanks for the great review :)

Lauren  – (12 maart 2010 om 09:14)  

This sounds fantastic. I've read a lot of good things about it, and your review convinces me even more. I need to read it!

hmsgofita  – (12 maart 2010 om 14:21)  

I haven't heard of this one before...I'm now adding it to my list! thanks for the great review!

Leah  – (13 maart 2010 om 05:26)  

I've just bought this for myself - I'm just waiting for it to arrive! Great review!

Lea  – (13 maart 2010 om 12:06)  

Oooh, a stay-up-late-reading-it book? Awesome! Fantastic review, Nina :D

Bianca  – (13 maart 2010 om 20:19)  

This book truly is amazing! Stayed up a long time reading it, too!
Fantastic review.

vvb32 reads  – (14 maart 2010 om 10:32)  

i remember the good review on this last year too. i like your review and i think i'll try this one out. thanks.

candletea  – (15 maart 2010 om 08:58)  

I actually hadn't heard about this book before, but I definitely like the sound of it. Not being able to put a book down is always the best recommendation a book can get.

Lauren  – (20 maart 2010 om 17:49)  

Fantastic review! I loved this book last year and Summers is definitely one of my favorite authors out there since I lover her gritty out look on teen life.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP