Dutch ALERT

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

United States - The Netherlands

The US cover looks totally cute and is pink, which I think will appeal to many teens. It seems to me that three girls of the Dutch cover are having a blast. One girl from the US cover looks like she is the leader and the others are following her. Or at least one of them is, girl with white pants. I like both covers. I think my nieces will pick the Dutch cover, just because they look like they are having fun. They don’t seem to fight each other like the US cover. I'm going for the US cover, the pink is cute!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Andrea  – (4 maart 2010 om 12:07)  

I think I like the Dutch cover better. It seems more expressive.

Blodeuedd  – (4 maart 2010 om 12:51)  

The Dutch one is fun, the US one, well they like kind of mean girls like

Addicted Book Reader  – (4 maart 2010 om 13:48)  

I like the Dutch one better too. The US one is a little boring.

Michelle  – (4 maart 2010 om 14:37)  

I like the Dutch cover better as well. It's more unique. I've seen so many YA book covers with pretty teens all standing together like in the US version.

Ceri  – (4 maart 2010 om 15:35)  

I prefer the Dutch cover. You're right about the US cover though - the pink and the picture of the group of girls looks very teenage. It would definitely appeal more to a younger audience.

Melissa  – (4 maart 2010 om 17:08)  

I think Dutch cover is much more creative. If it has to be a pink-themed cover, nothing plagues me worse than the colour of the American one haha :)

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (4 maart 2010 om 19:15)  

The Dutch one for sure! Much more fun and eye catching.

Shweta  – (4 maart 2010 om 22:33)  

The US cover suits the story more. I have read it so I know those girls on US represent the characters well. The Dutch cover has very lil common to the storyline.

bermudaonion  – (5 maart 2010 om 05:24)  

I like the US one only because it shows the whole people.

Shy  – (5 maart 2010 om 05:26)  

To be honest, I do have something against pink. Due to that matter I'm going to Dutch's one. Plus it looks rather fun as oppose to the US one =)

vvb32 reads  – (5 maart 2010 om 06:40)  

love pink. i think in this case, both books are just as interesting to look at.

....Petty Witter  – (5 maart 2010 om 08:10)  

An interesting post. I have to disagree and say that to me the Dutch cover is much more 'girly' that the American version despite this being pink. Personally I prefer the American version (again despite the pink) as I don't like all those teeth on the Dutch cover and the girl in the bottom right hand cover has such a silly expression on her face.

Lenore  – (5 maart 2010 om 10:30)  

The Dutch cover is more fun! I always like seeing foreign covers. Need to see what's made it to Germany lately.

Jan von Harz  – (5 maart 2010 om 12:37)  

Hi Nina, I tried to find an email address, but decided I would just leave you a comment to let you knoo I have given you the One Lovely Blog Award. Come by my blog when you can and check it out.

YA Vampire Books  – (5 maart 2010 om 12:52)  

I love both covers actually! I love the colors and how the clothes are color-coordinated on the US cover, and like you said - the girls on the Duch cover looks like they have an awesome time!

Luisa at Chicklish  – (5 maart 2010 om 15:28)  

Oh, I like them both! Slight preference for the smiles of the Dutch cover.

wdebo  – (5 maart 2010 om 23:43)  

I like the Dutch one more, the US cover is pink (always awesome) but its pretty boring...I mean they're just standing around looking snobby, but the Dutch cover looks fun and bubbly! :)

Aye.Me?  – (6 maart 2010 om 04:35)  

Hmmm... I think I'd have to read the book to decide which cover I like better. They each have such different tones, but both are nice.

I have given you a couple of awards over at my blog. :)

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (6 maart 2010 om 05:11)  

I like the Dutch cover better, less pink !

Cleverly Inked  – (7 maart 2010 om 18:48)  

I like the US more. guess I dont want to look at mouths?

Lea  – (9 maart 2010 om 17:11)  

I'm not really a fan of either, but I'm liking the Dutch cover more. It just looks more fun :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP