The Thornthwaite Inheritance by Gareth P. Jones

Title: The Thornthwaite Inheritance

Written by: Gareth P. Jones
Release date: July 2009
Pages: 288
Source: Bought
Part of: 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge

My feelings:


Description:
Ovid and Lorelli Thornthwaite have been trying to kill each other for so long that neither twin can remember which act of attempted murder came first. But whoever struck first, trying to take each other's lives is simply what they do. Until one day a lawyer arrives at their house to take stock of its contents, and his accompanying son attracts their attention. Soon a new battle evolves - one in which the twins have to work together to solve the mystery of their parents' deaths. Can Lorelli and Ovid overcome their old animosities, and will they ever get to finish that game of chess?

My Review:
When you where young, did you used to fight with your siblings? I remember I did, but I never tried to kill them. Meet Lorelli and Ovid Thornthwaite, their twins and they try to kill each other. Don’t look at them that way, they don’t know any better. They are fighting since they where little, and that’s not that long ago since they are only thirteen.

I knew immediately when I read the description and wonderful reviews at Wondrous Reads & Chicklish that this book was just right for me. And indeed I wasn’t wrong. I adore the story, it’s fun, quick and really addicted.
When the twins agree on a truce, the attempts to murder Lorelli and Ovid aren’t stopping and they don’t know who is trying to kill them. The attempts to murder them are hilarious, I am so glad I didn’t read this one on the train. People would have looked strange at my laughing.

As you can tell the story is very suspenseful and keeps you on your toes till the end. The book is very entertaining and it’s defiantly one of my favourites. I highly recommend this one to everyone who loves Coraline!

Cleverly Inked  – (15 maart 2010 om 10:37)  

Oo I ca relate to this one. I have 5 brothers and yes I tried to kill them ;) lol.JK

Great review

fredamans  – (15 maart 2010 om 11:51)  

Really great review!

I am sure this book was fun, and am adding to my list!

Becky  – (15 maart 2010 om 12:25)  

This sounds like such a fun book. Yes, I can remember those days when I was young and thought many a time how annoying my big sister was. Never tried to kill her though. Great review Nina!

Hagelrat  – (15 maart 2010 om 12:49)  

It's so cute, in a Wednesday Adams way. :)

brizmus  – (15 maart 2010 om 12:56)  

I have to read this book. I AM one of those crazy people that actually at some point in time tried to KILL my siblings. Which may sound horrifying, but well. . .what can I say, I have grown up since then.
This sounds utterly adorable (and sadistic!)

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (15 maart 2010 om 14:52)  

This book looks fantastic! I really need to get it. Even the cover just makes me kinds giggle and think CUTE! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Bookalicious Ramblings  – (15 maart 2010 om 17:54)  

Ah, yes, all the great reviews around have really made me want to read this book too! It looks and sounds like so much fun, it sort of reminds me of Lemony Snicket? Thanks for your review!

Nina  – (16 maart 2010 om 08:50)  

Clevery Inked: Oh my! Having only two older sisters I do not know how it is growing up with FIVE brothers! I can understand that you wanted to kill them somethimes. :P

Juju & Fredamans: Thank you for your kind words. :)

Becky: I know! Me neither!

Hagelrat: It was just a fun, cute book! I love the cover.

Brizmus: You should really try it, you can even relate to the story! LOL :)

Jill: You are very welcome.

Bookalicious Ramblings: Yes indeed Lemony Snicket. I havent read the book, but the movie was fantastic. Meryl Streep, Jim Carrey, loved them. :)

Melissa  – (16 maart 2010 om 13:18)  

This sounds like a good book. I didn't fight with my sibs (I didn't have any). :)

I just love the cover! It seems to perfectly fit the book!

....Petty Witter  – (17 maart 2010 om 06:14)  

Even before I read your review I knew, just by looking at the cover, that this book was one to add to my wish list. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book - I would have been so disappointed to read you hadn't.

dArLyN  – (17 maart 2010 om 11:14)  

i so want to read this!nice review nina! i like the storyline and i think this one is an interesting read =p

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (17 maart 2010 om 11:38)  

This one looks great!! What a cute cover, I love it!

Rhiana  – (17 maart 2010 om 11:49)  

Thia sounds fantastic! My brother and I fought like cat and dog when we were kids, drove my poor Mum mad!

Sarah (Book Reviews from Inside an Igloo)  – (17 maart 2010 om 12:09)  

hahah what an interesting concept, can't say I've ever read a book similar to this one! I like the cover a lot, because at first glance its pretty on the eyes but after you read what the books about then you start to see all the little things there doing, like sawing the ladder. Great review!

Lauren  – (17 maart 2010 om 14:26)  

This definitely sounds fun. I totally have experience of fighting with a sibling (younger sister) so I think I'd find this funny and easy to relate to! Thanks for the great review.

Luisa at Chicklish  – (17 maart 2010 om 15:00)  

Great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Melissa  – (18 maart 2010 om 06:51)  

Oh my gosh, I love the sound of this one...great review! I think the cover is adorable, too! :)

Alayne  – (18 maart 2010 om 08:12)  

This sounds like a really fun and lighthearted read! Thanks for sharing your review.
Alayne - The Crowded Leaf

Book Monster  – (18 maart 2010 om 22:53)  

Oooh this sounds clever and fun!! Thanks for reviewing!!

Lauren  – (20 maart 2010 om 17:46)  

Great review! I've never heard of this book before, but it sounds fantastic! I'll have to try to get a copy sometime soon. :)

hmsgofita  – (22 maart 2010 om 11:57)  

This one looks like a fun quick read I need right now...have been reading some pretty heavy handed ones lately!

vvb32 reads  – (22 maart 2010 om 15:38)  

oh, what fun. the cover brings a smile too.

Christina T  – (22 maart 2010 om 16:42)  

I kind of liked the Lemony Snicket books so I bet I'd enjoy this too. My sister and I never tried to kill each other when we were kids (although she might disagree) but we did fight. I will be adding this to my TBR list. Great review!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP