Confessions by Kate Brian

Title: Bekentenissen
Original Title: Confessions
Written by: Kate Brian
Release date: August, 2009
Pages: 240
Source: Library

My feelings:



Description:
Reed Brennan came to super posh Easton Academy to make a brand-new life for herself. At first it seemed as though her dream had come true-she was living in the ultra exclusive Billings Hall, hanging out with the all-powerful Billings Girls, and dating the very hot Thomas Pearson. But Thomas turned out to be different from what she thought...and then he turned up dead. And if that wasn't twisted enough, Reed's new boyfriend, Josh Hollis, was arrested for Thomas's murder. Now everyone is back to worrying about the regular stuff, like how to sneak to the boys' dorms at night, whether two-ply cashmere is warm enough for fall, and whether to fly to London or Barcelona for Thanksgiving break. Everyone except for Reed. Reed is convinced that Josh is innocent, which means the killer is still out there. Now it's up to Reed to uncover the truth. But the deeper she digs, the more secrets she unearths and the closer she gets to the confession that will change everything...if she's alive to hear it.

My Review:
So glad that I borrowed this book at the same time as I did Untouchable, number three of the Private series. I started to read this book as soon as I wrote the review for that one, and I was, again, hooked when I read the first sentence.

Reed Brennan finds out that life isn’t always picture perfect. She finds herself working together with Blake, boyfriend of Noelle, to find out the truth what really happened to Thomas. They both know that Josh isn’t the murderer, but how can they save him from a life time in jail. In the fourth book we get to know Blake a little better, he’s not that kid that walks behind Noelle the whole time holding her purse, no, he has a mind of his own. Thank goodness for that. He’s actually a pretty descent boy.

We also get to know Cheyenne better, I really liked this character. She isn’t afraid of Noelle and her posy. She stands up for herself and I believe that she can be a great influence for Reed.

The truth about the murder of Thomas was very shocking. I had an idea who did it, but I never came close to the real murderer. And yes finally, Reed fights for what she believes is right and isn’t afraid to say what she truly wants to say to the Billing Girls. You go girl!

There wasn’t a cliff-hanger this time, and if Kate Brian wanted to end this series, this was a good way to stop. Reed has to make her mind up if she wants to continue to go to Easton Academy in the new year or if she will stay in her hometown. Well because there are eight more books for this series, you know what she will choose. Not that shocking.

If you are looking for a addictive, guilty pleasure try this series.
I seriously am about to cry, the reason why is because number 5 to 12 aren’t translated yet into Dutch. OMG, how can they do this to me? I don’t know what I will do without them.

dArLyN  – (26 april 2010 om 09:34)  

Sometime I hate cliff hanger series but sometime they can be the reason why you love the books and keep on reading..Nice review Nina, as always =)

Adriana  – (26 april 2010 om 10:28)  

That's a lot of books to the series. I'm so sorry you have to wait to see what happens next. But hey the anticipation of waiting and thinking of what will happen is just as fun. :D

bermudaonion  – (26 april 2010 om 10:59)  

Sounds like a great series for the summer!

Melissa  – (26 april 2010 om 11:17)  

I hate cliff hangers too but I don't mind them if I have the next book ready. :) So, at least they didn't do that to you with this one. Hopefully you'll get to read the others in the series soon!

Robby  – (26 april 2010 om 14:16)  

Hopefully the translations will be coming your way, soon! I really need to start reading these books.

Sarah (Limerick)  – (26 april 2010 om 17:36)  

My friend of mine has this book series and tells me that I should really read it. It's cool to hear that you're enjoying the series. I think I should finally give the Private series a chance now. :) Thanks for the review!

And here's to hoping that those translations will come out soon! :D

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (26 april 2010 om 19:09)  

Awesome review! I totally love this series :)

Luisa at Chicklish  – (27 april 2010 om 08:06)  

Great review! I hope you manage to get the others soon!

Shweta  – (27 april 2010 om 22:27)  

Keep hearing about this series so much.. Looks like they are super addictive :)

Michelle  – (28 april 2010 om 06:55)  

These books sound like they're super entertaining. I see them all the time too. Glad you are enjoying the series. :)

Cari  – (19 mei 2010 om 08:10)  

I have this series on my bookshelf but haven't read them yet. Must move them up the list :) Thanks!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP