Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


United States - The Netherlands

Yesterday I was at the library and saw the book 'A great and terrible beauty' translated into Dutch. Again I did a very quick happy dance, grabbed the book and runned to the self service machines. Anyway, I like both of the covers. The US cover is beautiful with the back of the girl. But I also do like the Dutch cover with the girls standing in a kind of circle. It looks like they are witches and are doing some magic.
I also like the artwork they did on the Dutch cover at the top and the bottom of the book. The bottom looks like a beautiful decorated gate. So this week I will choose for the Dutch cover.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Michelle  – (14 april 2010 om 07:03)  

I like both actually although I think I like the US one a little more.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (14 april 2010 om 07:17)  

O the Dutch one matches the story best.

irisonbooks  – (14 april 2010 om 07:18)  

I like the Dutch cover so much better! There is quite a difference in audience-catering if you look at the difference between both covers. The US one calls to mind a mix of cheap romance with YA that just doesn't work for me.

Becky  – (14 april 2010 om 07:31)  

I like both covers. I can't wait for you to revie this because I have been wondering for a while whether or not I shouls buy this. Hopefully you will be able to help me decide.

Blodeuedd  – (14 april 2010 om 09:07)  

I must say that this time I do not like teh Dutch cover at all

Lu @ Regular Rumination  – (14 april 2010 om 10:36)  

Dutch! It just looks like something I'd prefer to read.

Addicted Book Reader  – (14 april 2010 om 13:13)  

I really like the U.S. cover a lot, but the Dutch cover doesn't do much for me.

Andrea  – (14 april 2010 om 14:01)  

The Dutch cover is very fitting for the book. Both are nice though.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (14 april 2010 om 17:50)  

Very pretty. I like it a lot. Maybe a tish more than the US one.

Book Monster  – (14 april 2010 om 23:05)  

I definitely like the US one more. It stands out more, and is eye-catching.

Ladybug  – (15 april 2010 om 03:27)  

I have to say that I think the US cover looks much better :)

....Petty Witter  – (15 april 2010 om 03:54)  

Do you know for the first time ever I don't think I can pick - I like them both. If however my life depended on picking one or the other, I'd probably have to say I prefer the Netherlands version.

Melissa  – (15 april 2010 om 12:50)  

I'll have to go with the US this week. However, I agree with you about the filigree work on the Dutch cover.

hmsgofita  – (15 april 2010 om 20:04)  

They both invoke different emotions in me. The US one I think is reaching out to the mass marketing of teen books...intriguing cover. Where the Dutch one seems to be more authentic...just marketing what the book actually is, though I don't know since I haven't read it!

Lawral the Librarian  – (16 april 2010 om 09:07)  

I have to admit, I picked up this book initially because of the US cover, and I don't know if I would pick up the Dutch cover. That said, after reading the book I think the Dutch cover is much more fitting!

YA Vampire Books  – (17 april 2010 om 03:28)  

The Dutch cover fits the story perfectly, but I wish that the girls on the cover was more in focus and not so blurry - then I would have liked the cover better!

Lily Child  – (23 april 2010 om 20:49)  

They are both great. I agree with YA Vamps, the cover of the Dutch one should be a bit more focused! :P

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP