Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Title: Impossible

Written by: Nancy Werlin
Release date: March, 2010
Pages: 384
Part of: International Book Tours

My feelings:


Description:
Lucy has nine months to break an ancient curse in order to save both herself and her unborn daughter. Inspired by the ballad “Scarborough Fair,” this riveting novel combines suspense, fantasy, and romance for an intensely page-turning and masterfully original tale. Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations, forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or to fall into madness upon their child’s birth. But Lucy is the first girl who won’t be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents and her childhood friend Zach beside her. Do they have love and strength enough to overcome an age-old evil?

My Review:
Monday my mother text me that there was package at our house and if she should open it. Very curious woman, isn’t she? I told her that she should wait and that it was probably a book from school that I ordered a few days ago. To my surprise it was the book ‘Impossible’, that I signed up to read and review in the International Book tour. Of course I started to read it immediately and finished it in the evening.

Lucy, seventeen, is adopted and lives with Leo and Soledad.
They are loving foster parents and they love Lucy to death. Lucy knows her birthmother, Miranda, who is mentally ill, living on the streets and is always singing a song that Lucy can’t get out of her head. A song that plays a huge part in the story.
Lucy is a strong, smart girl and knows what’s good for her and what’s not. After the prom (from hell) she gets pregnant and the curse that happened to her mother is going to happen to Lucy.
When she finally believes in the curse, I was glad to see that her family and Zach believed it too and wanted to help her anyway they could.

Zach’s character is wonderful. I loved him from the start and knew he would be good for Lucy. The sentence that got me laughing was: ‘We formed the Fellowship of the Ring when we should’ve all just gone on medication.’ This was in the beginning and I seriously thought he was right at that moment.

The story is fast paced and it got me going trough the hours. I seriously didn’t wanted to put the book down and I didn’t. The writing is very good and I could picture everything right there in my mind while I was reading it.

The ending is awesome. No way to describe that one better, it’s not at all how I thought the story would end. Gosh, the last two pages put a big, happy smile on my face and really that’s how I like a story to end.

Final note: The Elfin Knight, I pictured him as Richard Armitage. Tall, blue eyes, dark hair..yep.
Picture perfect.

Book Crazy Jenn  – (8 april 2010 om 07:42)  

Awesome review, I loved this book...How can you go wrong with such a song and amazing characters!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (8 april 2010 om 07:52)  

Very cool!
I liked this book allot.
Your mom sounds cute!
Does she read?

Nina  – (8 april 2010 om 08:09)  

Book Crazy: Thank you, I really enjoyed the book! And I loved your review for it!

Juju: Love my mom and yes she does read..LOL.
But no young adult book, she loves her classics.

Andrea  – (8 april 2010 om 08:31)  

Love this book. It was really very well done with the song and all.

Blodeuedd  – (8 april 2010 om 09:54)  

This one sounds so good to me now :D

Ladybug  – (8 april 2010 om 11:38)  

Ooooh, great review, Nina! I'm part of this tour as well and I cannot wait to read it.

Sarah (Limerick)  – (8 april 2010 om 11:45)  

Nice review! I enjoyed it too, but still at times the romance felt a little unreal. However I agree that the ending was totally awesome! :)

Robby  – (8 april 2010 om 12:40)  

I'm really interested in reading this book. I love the cover. :]

Becky  – (8 april 2010 om 12:53)  

Lovely review Nina. I didn't really know what this book was about before I read your review. Thanks for enlightening me. I'm not sure I'm into the whole curse idea though...

Addicted Book Reader  – (8 april 2010 om 13:08)  

I have really wanted to read it since it came out, but I haven't gotten a chance yet. I'm glad you liked it, so hopefully I will too : )

Melissa  – (8 april 2010 om 14:40)  

This sounds like a good read with humor. Great review. Now I should put it on my wish list. :)

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (8 april 2010 om 19:15)  

You're like of this book clearly shows in your review :) I've had a couple of girls read this one and both have really liked it. They've both told me I HAVE to read it :)

Lily Child  – (9 april 2010 om 00:47)  

I am so glad you enjoyed this! It's really a fabulous story, isn't it!? :)

Book Monster  – (9 april 2010 om 01:20)  

Sounds interesting, nice review. Glad you enjoyed it XD

brizmus  – (9 april 2010 om 07:02)  

Great review! The curse thing sounds interesting.

vvb32 reads  – (9 april 2010 om 14:36)  

glad to hear a good review for this. i have it still to read. richard armitage is one handsome dude ;-D

Melissa  – (9 april 2010 om 18:06)  

Hey, got an award for you! http://melissawatercolor.blogspot.com/2010/04/award.html

You so deserve it! :)

....Petty Witter  – (10 april 2010 om 06:27)  

I love books about curses and being saved from them. A great review, i can tell you enjoyed the book.

Cleverly Inked  – (11 april 2010 om 21:32)  

I love book tours. Loved the review

Nina  – (12 april 2010 om 08:18)  

To all: Thank you so much for commenting on the review!

vvb32 reads  – (12 april 2010 om 17:14)  

it's a good thing if a book can make you grin!

Christina/Book Addict  – (13 april 2010 om 09:41)  

This sounds like a great review. Your review definitely makes me want to read it. It sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Christina T  – (13 april 2010 om 12:48)  

Fantastic review! This is one of my favorite books (I also really like the song as sung by Sarah Brightman). Nancy Werlin has a new book coming out this year and I can't wait to read it.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (13 april 2010 om 13:06)  

I have this one on my shelf, I hope to get a chance to read it soon!

MarceJ  – (13 april 2010 om 19:50)  

Nina, I wasn't sure about this one but what a great review. I did the Prophecy Sisters tour and I have read comments about Impossible when discussing it.

I definitely want to read this now.

hmsgofita  – (15 april 2010 om 20:06)  

I bought this one a bit ago and still haven't gotten to it! I'm glad you enjoyed it and since you are a big fan of happy endings I know I'll like it! Oh, thanks for the heads up on If I Stay! I liked the cover so much that is why I decided to read it!

Sarah  – (23 augustus 2010 om 13:45)  

Great review Nina :o) I really enjoyed this one & have added your link to my review. It's great that you've added a page with all of your reviews on it - now I can make sure I link any of your reviews that I'd missed before LOL.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP