Orbis Terrarum Reading 2010 Challenge

Have you been checking my updates on my challenges? Well, I completed two out of the four challenges this year. Applaud for me. When I was browsing the net I saw that a few blogs where entering this great challenge called Orbis Terrarum. It begins April, 1st and ends November. You have to read eight books from different countries. I think this is a fantastic way to learn more about international writers.

Here’s the list of books I’m planning to read:

Silk by Alessandro Baricco
Place of birth Italy

Red Lotus by Pai Kit Fai
Place of birth China

The Book of Fires by Jane Borodale
Place of birth England

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
Place of birth Kenya, Africa

Innocent Erendira and Other Stories by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Place of birth Colombia

Dreaming in Cuban by Cristina Garcia
Place of birth Cuba

How I became a Nun by Cesar Aira
Place of birth Argentina

Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
Place of birth United States of America

And because I already rented a copy at the library
Malinche by Laura Esquivel
Place of birth Mexico

If you are interested in the challenge and would like to join, please go to the blog of dreadlock girl. She’s hosting this wonderful challenge and you can get allot more information over there.

YA Vampire Books  – (29 april 2010 om 03:47)  

Sounds like an interesting challenge! I have no idea were the authors of books I read lives, but I'm guessing usually the US!

....Petty Witter  – (29 april 2010 om 03:59)  

Well done you. The only book I've read on that list is The White Queen, a big fan of Philippa Gregory, I loved the story so look forward to your review.

Shweta  – (29 april 2010 om 03:59)  

I was planning on joining this but I can't bring myself to sign up for a challenge :) All the best to you !

Sarah  – (29 april 2010 om 06:13)  

Congratulations on doing so well with your challenges so far! This sounds like a really interesting one, I never tend to think about where the authors I read were born but I think most are probably UK / US. I'm considering signing up for this one but I've got so many challenges I'm working on I don't know if I should LOL! Good luck with it anyway :o)

PolishOutlander  – (29 april 2010 om 06:26)  

I read Dreaming in Cuban in high school and absolutely loved it. Sadly, I think I gave my copy away a while ago so I think I might to buy another and reread it. What a great challenge!

Andrea  – (29 april 2010 om 06:59)  

That's a neat challenge. Have fun!

Booklover  – (6 mei 2010 om 07:53)  

Hey! first time here. Nice to land on a fellow booklovers blog!

I'm inviting you to this new Book Reviews blog. You should consider joining our blog as a reviewer.

BookReviews is a forum for all of us who believe that books can change us for the better. You can write about any book that you enjoyed reading and motivate people around you to read it. By this, we can help spread the joyous habit of reading, in our own little way.

You can repost all your book reviews at Book Reviews, both old and new!

If your excited by this, drop me a mail at bookreviews@bookrack.in and i'll send you an invite

Cheers
Booklover

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP