Soulless by Gail Carriger

Title: Soulless

Written by: Gail Carriger
Release date: October 2009
Pages: 375
Source: Bought
My feelings:
Description:
Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette. Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire -- and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate. With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?

My Review:
In 2009 I saw this book on another blog and I really fell in love with the cover and the description of the book. I immediately added the book to my tbr list and posted the book as my wow that month. So when I saw the book at the bookstore, I just knew I had to buy it, and I’m glad I did.

Alexia Tarabotti is a fierce lady. Yes I do like that word ‘fierce’. A lady who knows what she wants and is strong minded. A lady with an Italian dad, strong features and no soul. And in a world full with vampires, werewolves and other strange creatures having no soul is very special. Also she has the best weapon you can use in a fight, no it’s not a gun, knife or scissors, it’s a parasol.

Who doesn’t love Lord Maccon. What a fantastic guy. The only guy who can truly handle the strong and fierce full Alexia. The love he has for her is fantastic and the scenes where sometimes way too steamy.

I laughed so hard reading about Lord Akeldama. He really loves his vampire men. I enjoyed the way Gail Carriger described him and his taste for clothes. Very wrong!
When you read the first page, your glued to the pages. The setting where it all takes place is wonderful. It sets the mood for you, if you don’t know, it’s the Victorian Era. The characters are great, smart, strong, funny and very brave. I really liked reading about the werewolves too, they where fantastic in the book. Overall a fantastic magical book, that you should defiantly try. I cannot wait for the second book in the series.

Book Monster  – (6 april 2010 om 02:06)  

I've seen this book, quite a lot on the blogsphere. Now I'm starting to get intrigued by it.

....Petty Witter  – (6 april 2010 om 04:04)  

I like the look of The Demon Princess - probably because I've known a few of them in my time.

If you'd like to pop over to my blog, there is a prolific blogger award with your name on it. Also please feel free to enter my 1st blogoversary book giveaway.

Book Crazy Jenn  – (6 april 2010 om 05:11)  

I just recently got this one, but I have yet to read it...it sounds good, but I am not one for Historical Fiction so I was a bit hesitant, but your review made me want to pick it up...thanks!

Jami  – (6 april 2010 om 05:26)  

I just love the covers to this series. Your review really make me want to read it. :)

brizmus  – (6 april 2010 om 05:28)  

I had to leave my copy of this in France. :-( Maybe my boyfriend will mail it to me. It really does sound amazing. And. . .fierce!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (6 april 2010 om 06:06)  

Nice review. It is such an awesome cover.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (6 april 2010 om 13:22)  

So glad you enjoyed it! It's one of my new favorites! :)

Melissa  – (6 april 2010 om 14:13)  

I have this book and still haven't read it. I will have to move it up the tbr! Thanks for the review!

Lily Child  – (6 april 2010 om 19:48)  

Yay! I am glad you enjoyed this as well! :) Now you have to read the second book in the series, Changeless! :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (7 april 2010 om 18:50)  

Thanks for the great review! I am going to have to get this book. I have not got it yet but everyone is going to make me get it. :D Thank you!

Ladybug  – (8 april 2010 om 11:29)  

I agree Soulless was a great read! I really enjoyed it and it was a bit different and I like that. Great review, Nina!

vvb32 reads  – (9 april 2010 om 14:38)  

i love this book too! shall i send you book 2?

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP