The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

Title: The Summoning
Written by: Kelley Armstrong

Release date: March 2009
Pages: 416
Source: Bought

My feelings:

Description:
After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention. After she suffers a breakdown, her devoted aunt Lauren gets her into a highly recommended group home. At first, Lyle House seems a pretty okay place, except for Chloe’s small problem of fearing she might be facing a lifetime of mental illness. But as she gradually gets to know the other kids at the home–charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek, obnoxious Tori, and Rae, who has a “thing” for fire–Chloe begins to realize that there is something that binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual “problem kid” behaviour. And together they discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home either…

My Review:
After reading some awesome reviews for this book, especially from book monster, I wanted to try this series out so bad. I have been seeing the books around the store for a while now, but never found a good reason to buy them. After reading kick ass story Demon Princess, I wanted to read some more books with action in it. Okay so there is not allot of action in the first book, but it’s so good that I don’t even care. It’s official I’m hooked on this series.

Chloe is such a good girl, gets good grades and finds life pretty okay so far. But when a death guy shows up at school, she flips, understandable and gets herself a one way ticket to Lyle House.
Lyle House, an institution for kids who has problems, or at least that’s what they are telling her. When I started to read the story, I found myself trapped in the world where Chloe is. I could visualize the whole story in front of me and found myself loving the story. At Lyle House she meets Derek, Simon, Tori, Liz and Rae, other kids who are living there. When Rae tells Chloe to go online and find out if the guy she has seen at school really is death, she finds out the truth. The truth that she really is seeing ghosts.

The characters in the book are great. Derek, huge boy, intelligent but not the cutest is great. All of the kids at the house have their own powers and they are truly amazing.We get to know Chloe better throughout the book and that’s what I like about first books in a series. A great introduction from the characters, especially the leaders.

There are a few scary moments in the book, or should I say creepy. I don’t want to give allot away, but just let me say if you have any powers like Chloe don’t go anywhere near cemeteries.

The ending is fantastic! Cliffhanger all the way.
I can truly say that this is one of the best series I read so far.
Move over Bella, here comes Chloe.

Shweta  – (29 april 2010 om 05:32)  

Ok this means I have another series which I HAVE TO read. I think after Vampire DIaries this book series is most widely talked about these days :)

Christina/Book Addict  – (29 april 2010 om 05:55)  

I just bought this book and am excited to read this series- esp. after your awesome review. I need to move this one up higher on my TBR pile. The premise sounds awesome! I'm glad you liked it!

Michelle  – (29 april 2010 om 06:16)  

I love this series as well, it's so so good! :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (29 april 2010 om 07:20)  

I didn't love this one but I have heard great things about the rest of the series.

Sullivan McPig  – (29 april 2010 om 08:16)  

I love this series! you're in for a treat as the books keep getting better and better.

Insert Book Title  – (29 april 2010 om 09:00)  

This series is the best! I adore it, and I will reread often! Great review!

Blodeuedd  – (29 april 2010 om 10:55)  

I keep hearing that there is some big cliffhanger :D want to read it

Melissa  – (29 april 2010 om 11:40)  

I'm trying to get this series together so I can read them all (or mostly al) at once. I love Kelley Armstrong's writing! Thanks for your review.

Milli  – (29 april 2010 om 14:05)  

Aww! This sounds amazing!

Kelsey  – (29 april 2010 om 15:37)  

LOVED this as well :) I really need to read the sequel asap! Great review!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (29 april 2010 om 22:07)  

Yay! I'm glad you liked this book.:) I just recieved the final book in the series today, so I'm anxious to start it (right after I read The Dark Divine).

I hope you enjoy the rest of the series.

....Petty Witter  – (30 april 2010 om 04:51)  

Great praise indded. I never did like 'Bella', perhaps 'Chloe' will be more to my liking.

dArLyN  – (30 april 2010 om 11:25)  

I never read the book, honestly..I kind of wait to buy the 3 books in one go and then i'll read them *LOL*

nice review nina!

p/s: i like that; Move over Bella!

Jan von Harz  – (1 mei 2010 om 10:22)  

This does sound like a cool read. I like scary and creepy so I need to check it out. Thanks for the review.

Lily Child  – (1 mei 2010 om 12:26)  

Ooooh! This sounds really good! I'll definitely have to pick it up on my next outing! :)

Sheila (Bookjourney)  – (1 mei 2010 om 15:24)  

I think this looks good! Thanks for the review.

Lizzy  – (2 mei 2010 om 11:41)  

I'm glad to see that you liked this one! I really enjoyed it, too. Even though there were certain parts that creeped me out a bit. I haven't read the 3rd book in the series yet, but I did finish the 2nd, and I enjoyed that, too.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (2 mei 2010 om 14:28)  

AWesome review!! I'm glad to hear that this one is so good, I've had it on my shelf for awhile!

vvb32 reads  – (2 mei 2010 om 15:30)  

move over bella? ok, i better read this sooner than later.

Mel (He Followed Me Home)  – (2 mei 2010 om 18:52)  

I'm about to start this series too, I hear so many great things about Kelley Armstrong! I must move it up the TBR now :)

hmsgofita  – (5 mei 2010 om 12:17)  

I've heard great things about this series. I want to wait till it's all done...I hate having to wait for the next one to come out! It's too maddening! But good to know it'll be worth the wait. Great review!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP