Untouchable by Kate Brian


Title: Onkwetsbaar
Original Title: Untouchable
Written by: Kate Brian
Release date: August, 2009
Pages: 240
Source: Library

My feelings:


Description:
Cheating, partying, blackmail, and now...murder? Can the Billings Girls remain untouchable? Reed's boyfriend, Thomas Pearson -- the popular, easygoing, irresistibly handsome and charismatic boy she fell in love with -- is dead. No one knows how it happened, and everyone is after the truth. Or are they? Life at Easton Academy begins to feel very different. Taylor is acting like the poster child for Prozac, Kiran is spiking her cornflakes, Noelle is being kind of...nice, and Arianna keeps floating along as if nothing has happened. Thanksgiving break arrives and Reed and Josh find themselves alone on campus. They are forced to confront the feelings they've been hiding. Those feelings combined with an empty campus result in the hottest hook-up Reed could possibly imagine. But when Reed breaks the news about Josh to the Billings Girls, there's no fun game of tell-all. Instead, Josh begins to look like suspect No. 1 in the murder of Thomas Pearson. The perfect life Reed has constructed as a Billings Girl begins to crumble. And as everyone becomes more convinced of Josh's guilt, Reed's private suspicions lead her somewhere she doesn't want to go.

My Review:
I was so thrilled that the library finally had book number three and four at the same time laying on the shelf. I ran to them, picked them up and walked with the books in my bag to home. Yes, life can be sometimes very sweet.

The second book of the series ended with a cliff hanger and this one started with the day after. Immediately I found myself back into the world full of drama, privileges and secrets. Reeds boyfriend is death and everyone, including herself, wants to know who killed him. After allot of speculations someone gets the blame and they all think that they can close the chapter. Guess again, life doesn’t work that way often.

In the first, two books when the love between Reed and Thomas was described, I have to say that I didn’t quite feel it. The love they had wasn’t deep, I felt that they where at the point of beginning to love each other and know each other better. In Untouchable it feels that Reed can’t stop crying and is oh so torn up inside because her boyfriend died. The boyfriend she doesn’t know that well and was like dating for at least a week. It didn’t make allot of sense to me. And it felt annoying.

When Reed finally chooses to go on with her life, she wants to do this with another guy. I really wanted her to be strong and forget about boys for a while, but no, she falls in love with the best friend of Thomas. Josh is a great character, he’s cute and makes life easier for Reed. But then everything changes and nothing seems to be as it was.

Reed finds out that her so called best friends have secrets of their own about the murder and aren’t going to tell her about it. After allot of drama’s and secrets that came out, the book was really good to read.Yet again the book ended with a terrific cliff-hanger, that keeps you longing for more.

Thankfully I have number four here, so I will start reading it as soon as I can finish writing this review. Yes I confess, my biggest obsession at the moment are the PRIVATE series.

dArLyN  – (22 april 2010 om 10:11)  

Somehow I thought about Gossip Girl while reading your review *LOL* I love it too when I'm in an obsession state =) Happy Reading Nina!

Nina  – (22 april 2010 om 10:16)  

dArLyN: Indeed I'm in a very happy mood at the moment. So I am just going to get myself a snack and something to drink, before I start the fourth one. :) I haven't read the books in the series Gossip Girl, but what I've heard of them they are pretty much the same.

Jan von Harz  – (22 april 2010 om 10:22)  

It is great when the library has everything you want to read. These books sound like a bit more drama than I can take. I get enough in the middle school, although no murders (thank goodness), but the cheating, partying, back stabbing a plenty. I did enjoy reading your review. Hope # 4 is great too.

blueicegal  – (22 april 2010 om 10:57)  

Hey there Nina! :) omg i loveee this series i started reading it a while back but then stopped on the fifth book as my library didnt have any more of them, its sad because i was extremely addicted to this series while it lasted, enjoy it i dont know if i can get back into it now though, there are so many more of them and none of them are here, but this series really is great, and thankfully so is reed, enjoy!:)

Robby  – (22 april 2010 om 11:45)  

All the reviews I've read of every book from this series are positive. I really need to read them. :]

Nina  – (22 april 2010 om 12:45)  

Jan von Harz: Thank you for stopping by! The libraries here dont always have the books I want to read, it's really a rare ocassion when they do have it. :)

blueicagal: Sorry the library hasn't got the other books in this series. After the fourth I am going to look online if my library has them. I really hope so, gosh, I seriousley won't know what I would do without them. :)

Robby: The books so far are really good, allot of drama! You should really try the first and if you love it you can always borrow the other ones. :)

Addicted Book Reader  – (22 april 2010 om 13:30)  

Great detailed review! I am also very obsessed with the Private series : D

Lauren  – (22 april 2010 om 14:56)  

Great and honest review, Nina! I've only read one of these (book ten or eleven I think) so it's fantastic to read about what happened earlier in the series. These books are so fun!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (22 april 2010 om 15:35)  

Yah for reading obsessions :) This cover is so saucy! ;)

Milli  – (22 april 2010 om 15:57)  

Great review! It sounds good:]

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP